Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike trailer.

Options
  • 21-08-2016 12:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi

1 became 2 and 2 gets jealous when I go off on bike with with 1 in the bike seat.

So thinking of buying a bike trailer. Won't be for everyday use, just for fairly casual use.

Can anyone recommend one ?
    Only looking to spend about 100

I will not need to use it as a pram, just for the bike.

This seems good :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007VP0PWK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4AoUxbBXRG5GS

But they probably won't ship to Ireland etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

I had the predecessor to that trailer (both of those are virtually the same), it's great.

Folds really small, I didn't fit the wheel fender things so it was narrower in use, enough room for 2 kids although there were belts for 3. Need to pack the "boot" carefully as the kids will lean on whatever back there, so something lumpy will annoy them as the seat isn't solid but a tough cloth.

I dunno how waterproof it is but we got caught in showers a few times and the kids didn't get wet - kids do get colder than if cycling as they aren't doing anything. Kids would always fall asleep on the way home knackered from whatever coupled with the gentle shaking motion.

Bike connector thing (I had an extra one made), uses a heavy spring to regulate the force you exert whilst cycling so if you are not smooth with your power delivery you'll feel the trailer dragging behind then catching you up.

Was sad to see it go after 6 years I think it was, sold it for e50 too. To celebrate it's final trip went wild camping with the oldest kid (8).

Centurion%20mtb%20camping_zpsyowzbxbt.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Thanks for reply Saccades.

Sounds like it served you very well.

What do the wheel fenders do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

In theory I guess they are supposed to protect the wheels in case you mis-judge the width of the trailer, in reality be extra weight to pull and makes the trailer that bit wider that you do hit everything as it must make the trailer an extra 6" or so wide (also means it's can't get through most trailheads too).

Advertisement