Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6th wedding anniversary present

• 21-08-2016 10:19am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is supposed to be iron or candy.

Trying to find an iron made gift but most stuff online is from the US and the postage is horrendous.

Any ideas for an Irish made gift perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Is supposed to be iron or candy.
    It's supposed to be whatever you want to give and/or believe your wife wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

You could get her a new iron lol! And her favourite sweets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Only if he (?) doesn't want a seventh anniversary :D

OP, no one ever pays much heed to those gift things, outside the big ones (e.g. 40th anniversary). Unless you've made an effort to do it all the other years and intend to do so for the rest of them just get whatever you want.

Obviously everyone is different but I always prefer a night away or a dinner to a physical gift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Vojera wrote: »
    Only if he (?) doesn't want a seventh anniversary :D

OP, no one ever pays much heed to those gift things, outside the big ones (e.g. 40th anniversary). Unless you've made an effort to do it all the other years and intend to do so for the rest of them just get whatever you want.

Obviously everyone is different but I always prefer a night away or a dinner to a physical gift.

It would obviously depend on her sense of humour. I'd think it was hilarious ( might get one for my hubby next year actually! )

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I remember for my 6th anniversary my husband was going to get me a very fancy iron that I'd been eyeing up for a while, but then he thought it might not have been the most romantic (in fairness, I'd have been happy with it!) so he did a bit of googling and discovered that the modern version of the 6th anniversary is wood (there's a boner joke to be made here somewhere). My husband got me a necklace with a carved wooden pendant on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Or if she wears a Pandora bracelet get her a charm that looks like an iron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

We had our 6th anniversary this year, hubby got this https://www.kilkennyshop.com/wild-goose-clann-family.html, you can also get this one https://www.kilkennyshop.com/wild-goose-gra-love.html
    was very impressed, it's beautiful. Other options are cast iron photo frames. I got him a very funky cast iron bottle opener.

TK Maxx can be good for stuff like that.

Advertisement