Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightning to HDMI

Options
  • 21-08-2016 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have an iPad mini and would like to be able to connect it to any hdmi tv and watch Netflix. I was wondering if I would be better off buying a lightning to hdmi cable or a Chromecast.
    I want to be able to use it in hotel rooms but I guess the Internet connection might not suite the Chromecast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi, I have an iPad mini and would like to be able to connect it to any hdmi tv and watch Netflix. I was wondering if I would be better off buying a lightning to hdmi cable or a Chromecast.
    I want to be able to use it in hotel rooms but I guess the Internet connection might not suite the Chromecast

Well a decent internet connection will be needed for Netflix on the tablet anyway. Chrome cast is the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

I think the Chromecast option would give you grief trying to set up on different hotel networks.
    Also might have difficulty accessing rear hdmi ports on wall mounted flat screens. So you may have difficulty with either option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

For connecting it to a hotel TV, I use the HDMI connection..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

I bought the Apple Lightning AV Adapter. Not cheap at €65 but I've been using it for the last week and it works very well. I think it is the best option because I can rent movies off iTunes or use Netflix.

Advertisement