Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled within allowed time, still charging ECC?

Options
  • 21-08-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭

Eir bumped up package price, letter said could cancel within 30 days of letter without charge. I signed up with Sky, they contacted Eir and I got an online agent of Eir to put a note on my file saying I would be changing supplier. Then Eir still have the cheek to try and charge €60 ECC?? Can't claim they weren't notified as they had a courier at my door within days to take back router. No way am I paying this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

pooch90 wrote: »
    Eir bumped up package price, letter said could cancel within 30 days of letter without charge. I signed up with Sky, they contacted Eir and I got an online agent of Eir to put a note on my file saying I would be changing supplier. Then Eir still have the cheek to try and charge €60 ECC?? Can't claim they weren't notified as they had a courier at my door within days to take back router. No way am I paying this!
    Hi pooch90,

Thank you for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this has happened.

Can you Pm your account number please and I will check this out for you?

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Pm sent Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

3 days later and still nothing. I have blocked the Direct Debit that is due to go out in the next few days. Eir can send me a bill for the €1.50 that's actually valid from the bill you sent and I will pay that. Not a hope you're getting the ECC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

pooch90 wrote: »
    3 days later and still nothing. I have blocked the Direct Debit that is due to go out in the next few days. Eir can send me a bill for the €1.50 that's actually valid from the bill you sent and I will pay that. Not a hope you're getting the ECC.

Apologies for the delay pooch90,

Ciara is not available today, I will flag this with her Monday to get back to you. Alternatively please feel free to PM me and I would be more than happy to assist you with this.

-Pamela

Advertisement