Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO HELP PLEASE

Options
  • 21-08-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

If tomorrow I get an offer for a level 8 and accept can I be offered a level 6/7 in a later round? Or am I stuck with the level 8 I accept?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AtLeastITried

If tomorrow I get an offer for a level 8 and accept can I be offered a level 6/7 in a later round? Or am I stuck with the level 8 I accept?

Thanks!

As far as I know, you will receive both a level 8 AND a level 7 offer tomorrow if you have applied for a level 8 and level 7 that you are eligible for.
    I'm not an expert but this is what my teacher told me, if you apply for a level 8, a level 7 and a PLC and you can get up to 3 offers (only 8 and 7s tomorrow though).

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Thanks!

When you login to your CAO tomorrow you'll have both a level 8 and a level 7 offer (given you have the requirements/points). You select the one you want and jst ignore the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gulfstream757

TMJM96 wrote: »
    When you login to your CAO tomorrow you'll have both a level 8 and a level 7 offer (given you have the requirements/points). You select the one you want and jst ignore the other one

But what is it not possible I won't get an offer for a level 7 until round two, but get an offer for a level 8 tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

But what is it not possible I won't get an offer for a level 7 until round two, but get an offer for a level 8 tomorrow?

Well do you have the grade requirements and enough points for the Level 7?

If you don't want the Level 8, don't accept it. Just ignore it.

TMJM96 wrote: »
    Well do you have the grade requirements and enough points for the Level 7?

If you don't want the Level 8, don't accept it. Just ignore it.

Yes I do but I'm worried that I'll be offered the level 8 tomorrow and not the level 7 until round two, if in that case I accept the level 8 in round one can I be offered the level 7 in round two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Vilas

Yes I do but I'm worried that I'll be offered the level 8 tomorrow and not the level 7 until round two, if in that case I accept the level 8 in round one can I be offered the level 7 in round two?

Well on your level 8 list, if you get offered your first choice you are not eligible to receive anything else, you cannot refuse that offer and expect to get a lower option from your list. However, if you get your 2nd choice in round one, there's a slight chance you can still be offered in round 2 to get your first choice if the places haven't been filled up. I do not know if 7/6 levels are treated completely separate.

I thought they were treated as separate list??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yes.

However, you will get a Level 6/7 offer in first round as well. Most people will get the same L6/7 offer in Round 2, but it is possible that the points for the L7 you want might come down in R2 and you would get that offer.

In any case, accepting an offer in R1 will not prevent you from accepting any further offer you get in R2.

Read the CAO sticky at the top of the forum. ;)
    I thought they were treated as separate list??
    They are.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Just want to double check- if someone is offered a Level 7 course and they accept it in Round One, can they be offered a Level 8 course in later rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

nermal15 wrote: »
    Just want to double check- if someone is offered a Level 7 course and they accept it in Round One, can they be offered a Level 8 course in later rounds?

Yes, if it was higher up their list of preferences in the Level 8 List.

E.g. If you were offered your third choice in the L8 list today and your 2nd choice in the L7 list today and you accepted the L7 offer, the L8 course is then rejected. In round two you could still be offered your first or second choice on the L8 list and the first choice on the L7 list, because both are higher preferences than the ones you were previously offered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement