Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me identify this plant

Options
  • 21-08-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭

Bought a new house - previous owner was an avid gardener - and there's a lot of the following plant around the house (see attached).

I know nothing about plants and it looks more like a weed to me! Please help me identify before start rooting them up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭dathi

https://davisla.wordpress.com/category/alchemilla-mollis/
    it a alchemilla mollis it seed around the garden cut off the yellow flowers if you dont want it to spread

• Registered Users Posts: 28,451 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It is alchemillia mollis, or Lady's Mantle. Whether it is a weed or not depends on whether you want it. I like it and it is growing in lots of odd corners of my garden, but it can be invasive and will probably need to be kept under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thanks for that. I can see how it can get out of control, there are large growths here and there around the house. But happy to keep it - now that I know what it is!

Thanks again.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ardent wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I can see how it can get out of control, there are large growths here and there around the house. But happy to keep it - now that I know what it is!

Thanks again.,

Just make sure to cut off the fading flowers before it goes to seed each year.

Advertisement