Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local UK shipping company?

Options
  • 21-08-2016 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

does anyone know of a local based shipping company that do drops to the UK, have some of my parets old furniture to send to a relative in UK and the cost of hiring a van for the job is steep.

I've used international shippers before but there were endless mistakes and delays and I'd prefer to use someone who'll do just door to door.

Comments

As far as I know DPD do UK deliveries and they have a depot in O'Loughlin Rd ( John McGuinness's place). I find them good for deliveries in Ireland but have never used their UK service so can't offer any opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

inthehat wrote: »
    As far as I know DPD do UK deliveries and they have a depot in O'Loughlin Rd ( John McGuinness's place). I find them good for deliveries in Ireland but have never used their UK service so can't offer any opinion.
    Thanks, excellent. I'll give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

There's a business in Durrow I've used, Mccann removals. Just locally but he does UK too. Good guy and very nice to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Have you tried Southeast Transport Solutions? You'll find their details on Facebook and they do uk deliveries aswell.

Advertisement