Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    With the news Walcott is out I think I am done with 2 days to spare......famous last words ?

I think I'll go with giroud now after that news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think I'll go with giroud now after that news.

Up to lukaku Or down to defoe then in a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

mectavba wrote: »
    What are peoples views on pedro's nailed - on - ness? Is he going to be rotating with William for the season? Could be quite a number of frustrating 1s if so.

Also I haven't seen much love for Wilson. I currently have him in as Bournemouth have some nice fixtures coming up, he is on pens 6.2m... Any reason he is not so popular?

I think Pedro is first choice but Willian will get a lot of gametime as well and Pedro rarely completes 90 minutes so if you're going for Pedro, you'll have to take the rough with the smooth.

I'm not sure I'd go for Wilson if choosing Bournemouth attacking coverage. Stanislas seems to be a much better pick if going for a cheap midfielder in a 3-5-2 for instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Currently at

Grant/Randolph
    Baines, Rose, Jones, Brunt, Chambers
    Alli, Sanchez, Coutinho, Stanislas, Phillips
    Costa, Ibra, Diomande

1.4itb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

mectavba wrote:
    Also I haven't seen much love for Wilson. I currently have him in as Bournemouth have some nice fixtures coming up, he is on pens 6.2m... Any reason he is not so popular?

Wilson's game time is still being managed after his injury. I'm not even sure he's first choice, Afobe is possibly ahead of him but too risky to go with either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Provisionally looking at:
    Cech Grant
    Alonso Jones Rose Brunt Chambers
    Sanchez Alli Snodgrass Phillips Traore
    Costa Kane Giroud

Thinking behind this is to have a solid back 12 where I'll almost be happy to play one of my keepers, and 7 from my 10 defender/midfielders.

Idea is that I'll then be able to fixture hop between strikers without having to worry too much about retaining value (now is the time to reap the fruits of my value chasing earlier in the season). So when Ibrahimovic is at home to Hull, I can have him, when Aguero has a game that belies his regressing prospects, I can do that. And most importantly without unnecessary points hits. Because the vast majority of my transfers now will be striker transfers.

I understand the Alonso concerns raised but I think with such an attacking force in such a stingy defence I'm willing to wait til these signs to manifest into a problem (him not playing games) rather than trying to pre-empt them and get burnt when he gets the goals he has been threatening to do for so long now.

Thoughts people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

With the news Walcott is out I think I am done with 2 days to spare......famous last words ?

That news is deadly for those on Wildcard.

Making me consider Benteke to Giroud for a hit for a 3 week play.

Worth -4??

spock. wrote: »
    Wilson's game time is still being managed after his injury. I'm not even sure he's first choice, Afobe is possibly ahead of him but too risky to go with either.

Afobe is cleared to play and therefore likely to be ahead of Wilson I think. Afobe if he gets a run and nails a spot could be very very interesting. Good player who scores goals.

FHFC wrote: »
    Afobe is cleared to play and therefore likely to be ahead of Wilson I think. Afobe if he gets a run and nails a spot could be very very interesting. Good player who scores goals.

He was in my original WC team but now I've stanislas in mid and giroud in up top instead of afobe due to the uncertainty between the AFCON and Wilson
    Afobe scores goals when he plays
    Been on my radar for 2 months now

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Cech Grant
    Costa Kane Giroud

Thinking behind this is to have a solid back 12 where I'll almost be happy to play one of my keepers, and 7 from my 10 defender/midfielders.

Idea is that I'll then be able to fixture hop between strikers without having to worry too much about retaining value (now is the time to reap the fruits of my value chasing earlier in the season). So when Ibrahimovic is at home to Hull, I can have him, when Aguero has a game that belies his regressing prospects, I can do that. And most importantly without unnecessary points hits. Because the vast majority of my transfers now will be striker transfers.

I understand the Alonso concerns raised but I think with such an attacking force in such a stingy defence I'm willing to wait til these signs to manifest into a problem (him not playing games) rather than trying to pre-empt them and get burnt when he gets the goals he has been threatening to do for so long now.

Thoughts people?

This looks a very very solid strategy TBH. And a good team. My only questions would be:

Is Cech worth the money over say Heaton who rotates reasonably well with Grant?? GW32 Stoke home to Liverpool the only really dodgy fixture.

Look past this coming GW I'd be going for Stanislas over Snoddy, at least till Snoddy's future is clear. If he does go to West Ham it may take him time to settle, may not be on all the set pieces and West Ham would need to start showing form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

LostArt wrote: »
    Currently at

Grant/Randolph
    Baines, Rose, Jones, Brunt, Chambers
    Alli, Sanchez, Coutinho, Stanislas, Phillips
    Costa, Ibra, Diomande

1.4itb
    Nice team similar to mine although Hull have just signed a forward from Porto, so maybe think about upgrading Diomande.

FHFC wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »
    Cech Grant
    Costa Kane Giroud

Thoughts people?

This looks a very very solid strategy TBH. And a good team. My only questions would be:

Is Cech worth the money over say Heaton who rotates reasonably well with Grant?? GW32 Stoke home to Liverpool the only really dodgy fixture.

Look past this coming GW I'd be going for Stanislas over Snoddy, at least till Snoddy's future is clear. If he does go to West Ham it may take him time to settle, may not be on all the set pieces and West Ham would need to start showing form.
    With Snodgrass I'm looking at the same mindset as Alonso. Stick with him while the going is good and nothing has happened yet. If he goes and his situation looks less promising I can move him onto say a returning Zaha.

I feel like I'd be chasing lost points on Heaton. From here on out I feel Cech will outscore him. This is one of the things that I'm still hovering over though. It's one that could yet change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This is how I'm currently looking...

Randalph / Pickford
    (I can only afford a non-playing keeper, so may as well keep Pickford for when he returns. Is that sound logic?)

Baines / Rose / Daniels / Amat / Ake
    (Am I better off getting rid of Ake for someone like Pieters/Chambers/Nyom and then bring in Ake if turns out he starts for Chelsea?)

Sanchez / Alli / Pedro / Phillips / de Roon
    (Pedro is only real worry here - if he becomes a big rotation risk then I can always bring in Snodgrass/Antonio)

Ibrahimovic / Costa / Defoe
    (Happy with this front line with half an eye on changing Defoe for Benteke should he prove to be the better of the two post-Christmas)

Slightly worried I don't have any Liverpool cover. Not too worried about having no City players because I think they're all poor value given the team's form at the moment.

I would say you're living very dangerously. Randolph rotating with an injured keeper. Just incase Adrian gets his spot back.

Same with having Amat and Ake in the same squad. 2 guys who aren't first choice starters a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

CSF wrote:
    I would say you're living very dangerously. Randolph rotating with an injured keeper. Just incase Adrian gets his spot back.

Adrian won't be getting his spot back Randolph is about to sign a new contract and Adrian is leaving either this window or the summer. Randolph is firmly established as number 1 now

• Advertisement

I'll be almost certainly going with this:

Randolph Jakupovic
    Rose Baines Daniels Brunt PVA
    Sanchez Alli Pedro Antonio Sims
    Costa Ibra Giroud

Going with Giroud for a few weeks and then will look to bring Lukaku in.
    I've spent a bit extra on defence to have 5 very attacking defenders so should get a few goals from defence.
    I much prefer Antonio and Pedro to Phillips or Stanislas so have managed to squeeze them in. Antonio illness this week is annoying but hopefully he plays, and if not Baines is a decent sub.
    Can change formation between 343, 433 and even 523 depending on fixtures/injuries.
    Have already bench boosted so can afford to carry Jaku/Sims.

CSF wrote:

Adrian won't be getting his spot back Randolph is about to sign a new contract and Adrian is leaving either this window or the summer. Randolph is firmly established as number 1 now
    If Adrian leaves this window they sign a new keeper. I wouldn't be as sure as you about the security of his position by the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The Giroud Hype has made me change again!

Grant out. Jaku in

Defoe out to afford Giroud.

But not sure how I feel about my team now.

My starting line up for Tomorrow is :

De Gea

Daniels, Walker, Ward

Stansilas,Alli,Sanchez,Coutinho

Costa,Ibra,Giroud

2x United/Arsenal/Spurs/Bournemouth :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Randolph Jakupovic
    Costa Ibra Giroud
    Just tried to punch in that squad.

Money Remaining: -3.1m

:o

AdMMM wrote: »
    Just tried to punch in that squad.

Money Remaining: -3.1m

:o

Really? I didn't think my TV was particularly high! (104.3)
    It helps that I've had Ibra, Sanchez, Alli, Daniels and Brunt since when they were cheaper though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Randolph Jakupovic
    Costa Ibra Giroud

Going with Giroud for a few weeks and then will look to bring Lukaku in.
    I've spent a bit extra on defence to have 5 very attacking defenders so should get a few goals from defence.
    I much prefer Antonio and Pedro to Phillips or Stanislas so have managed to squeeze them in. Antonio illness this week is annoying but hopefully he plays, and if not Baines is a decent sub.
    Can change formation between 343, 433 and even 523 depending on fixtures/injuries.
    Have already bench boosted so can afford to carry Jaku/Sims.

Holberg could drop in price before deadline. He could be in your squad instead of Sims perhaps. I'd bring in a 4M defender too.

My son spilt water on my laptop and its now on the blink. Picking your wildcard team on the phone is not the same.

Think I'm falling on
    Randolph (jakupovic)
    Baines Vertonghan ward (yoshida ward)
    Sanchez coutinho eriksen yaya (phillips)
    Wilson Costa lukaku.
    I think I'm happy with that

Think I'm falling on
    Randolph (jakupovic)
    Wilson Costa lukaku.

No zlatan ?

Think I'm falling on
    Randolph (jakupovic)
    Wilson Costa lukaku.

Wilson not nailed at all.

As mentioned above Randolph and a non playing GK is a risk...

km79 wrote:
    No zlatan ?

By rule I don't have United players it's tougher but I'm still doing well enough
    FHFC wrote:
    Wilson not nailed at all.

He's more of a short term option with decent fixtures coming up was thinking of a reshuffle and maybe try giroud tho.
    FHFC wrote:
    As mentioned above Randolph and a non playing GK is a risk...

Randolph is ok for now I think if west ham do buy a new keeper I may rethink but he's ahead of adrian

By rule I don't have United players it's tougher but I'm still doing well enough

He's more of a short term option with decent fixtures coming up was thinking of a reshuffle and maybe try giroud tho.

Randolph is ok for now I think if west ham do buy a new keeper I may rethink but he's ahead of adrian
    No point in taking the game serious if you don't include players from certain teams.

No point in taking the game serious if you don't include players from certain teams.

Not as if United are world beaters this year can survive without them still in top 200k overall

Not as if United are world beaters this year can survive without them still in top 200k overall

Each to their own but I just think its pointless playing the game like that.

So tempted by Schlupp
    Palace. Big Sam. Fixtures . Possibly OOP
    4.8 ml

• Advertisement

He's not nailed in the short term. Afobe cleared to play after not going to ACON and has been ahead of Wilson when available of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Think I'm just about settled on:

Heaton
    Rose Baines Brunt
    Sanchez Alli Lallana Phillips
    Costa Ibra Giroud

Pickford Daniels Chambers De Roon

Leaves me with 1.1 itb so thinking can easily upgrade the likes of Lallana or Giroud if needed or could bring in Stanislas instead of De Roon

FHFC wrote:
    He's not nailed in the short term. Afobe cleared to play after not going to ACON and has been ahead of Wilson when available of late.

Alternative choice then? Try and swap round to get giroud or maybe negredo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Heaton
    Rose Baines Brunt
    Costa Ibra Giroud

Leaves me with 1.1 itb so thinking can easily upgrade the likes of Lallana or Giroud if needed or could bring in Stanislas instead of De Roon

Your team value is insane. :D

And there we have it
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4118098/Chelsea-news-Diego-Costa-blazing-row-Chelsea-boss-Antonio-Conte-fitness-hitman-doesn-t-travel-clash-against-Leicester.html

Jesus Christ I HATE owning him
    Always some kind of doubt
    And I sold hazard to get him

Heaton
    Rose Baines Brunt
    Costa Ibra Giroud

Your team value is insane. :D

Aye insane Team value, just tried to fit that team and I'm -0.4 short. Crazy

Feckin sold defoe last night too and will cost .1 more to get him back
    Heading to airport at 630am
    This
    Is
    A
    Nightmare

.2 short for Kane
    Who I don't really want anyway
    And I can't afford hazard now either

Think I'll get Hazard now after the Costa news. He should be at false 9 like he was against Bournemouth

Thinking now of getting Defoe back in for Costa, and then if Costa plays the following GW Giroud out Costa in.

• Advertisement

Thinking now of getting Defoe back in for Costa, and then if Costa plays the following GW Giroud out Costa in.

I will NEVER EVER sign costa again
    I resisted for so so long this year
    Buy him
    Suspended
    Waited till last night to get him back
    Had to sell hazard who i bought at 9.9
    I HATE costa

Think I'll get Hazard now after the Costa news. He should be at false 9 like he was against Bournemouth

Do you have pedro aswell.

I am going to focus on the positives in this
    Pedro could be UNREAL value now
    I'll go without hazard I think

Now to decide whether to raise the .2 to get Kane
    Or just get lukaku in earlier than planned
    Think I'll go Kane

Yeah, happy to double up for the next two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Am I mad to wildcard now and miss the double game week bench boost?

I am going to focus on the positives in this
    Pedro could be UNREAL value now
    I'll go without hazard I think

Now to decide whether to raise the .2 to get Kane
    Or just get lukaku in earlier than planned
    Think I'll go Kane

Ye the Walcott and Costa news has me convinced to go giroud and Pedro in a strong front 8.

• Advertisement

Ye the Walcott and Costa news has me convinced to go giroud and Pedro in a strong front 8.

I had already done that but costa was in it !
    May just get Kane
    Or
    Lukaku
    Can't decide now
    Giroud and lukaku would be awkward prices to replace though if I had both
    And then there is the magnificent elephant in the room
    Aguero !
    But that involves a big restructure

If I go Kane at least it makes the trade up easier

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Am I mad to wildcard now and miss the double game week bench boost?

If your team is in bits wildcard. BB doesn't need to be in a dgw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Already WC'd and had a great looking team. Costa news has fécked me over now, so much money ITB I want to spend but will need to get him back in for next week surely ?

Already WC'd and had a great looking team. Costa news has fécked me over now, so much money ITB I want to spend but will need to get him back in for next week surely ?
    Will it actually go that way though?

Kane in
    Jones to mee to fund it
    I'm done

• Advertisement
Advertisement