Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a pet

Options
  • 21-08-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I need to put my cat in a place for two or three days, my housemate has someone coming over (They're from Poland and it'll be a while before they'll get a chance to speak with each other) and I need to know if there are any places I can put that up for those days. The person is incredibly allergic to cats.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

If they are that allergic , then they wont be able to set foot in your place without you doing a deep clean on your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The vets in douglas has a cattery which would mind them for a few days.

http://www.animalcarehospital.ie/index.php/catboarding/

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Crimsonred

Tell her to bring her allergy pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MisterBlue

Tell your housemate find some place for their guest to stay rather than putting your pet through the horrible feeling of being uprooted to a strange place.

Humans, eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah id say you would want to have the cat out of there for a good few days before they come if they are allergic, i doubt it would make an awful differance.. After that there is a great chap up by Moneygorney in Rochestown Wags and Tails. he has a great set up for cats worth a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Milly33 wrote: »
    Yeah id say you would want to have the cat out of there for a good few days before they come if they are allergic, i doubt it would make an awful differance.. After that there is a great chap up by Moneygorney in Rochestown Wags and Tails. he has a great set up for cats worth a try

Never heard of that one...good to know though and must go have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tony up there is loverly I must say. I have taken my fella up there twice now and I cant complain. They have their own little run outside which is great. There is another place The Happy Cats Cattery she is great too a little further out of town

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

+1 for Moneygourney, can't say I've used it myself, but have heard good reports from a few folk.

Saying that though, if your housemate isn't the home owner, I wouldn't be shifting any of my pet for a friend (theirs or mine!).

Advertisement