Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

[*]Shot up by 75 in UCC :rolleyes:
    Wow!

I wonder if they reduced number of places available?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Meanwhile, Outside Dublin...
    Undenominated Engineering
    • Went down by 5 in Nui Galway :D
    • Went up by 5 in UL
    • Shot up by 75 in UCC :rolleyes:
    UCC may have reduced the intake. Otherwise, that would be a remarkable increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

I hate they way colleges are making their courses look prestigious by decreasing intake and making really specific courses... I'm fairly sure we need more engineers from what I'm hearing...?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

first choice baby! NUIG here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

LordHypnos wrote: »
    first choice baby! NUIG here I come!

Congrats:pac:!What course are you doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

Congrats:pac:!What course are you doing?

cheers.. commerce (accounting)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sunnyost

How on earth did dental hygiene in trinity jump up to 505!? Anyone else apply for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wheelbarrow12

We actually fell asleep before 2 and just woke up. Son's course actually went down so he didn't need to rely on DARE or HEAR. He's absolutely delighted to have gotten his first choice. Hope everyone has good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Devastated... Biomedical science was 525 last year and stayed at a steady 520 for years before that, jumps to 545 this year and I'd gotten 535 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wheelbarrow12

juniorcert wrote: »
    Devastated... Biomedical science was 525 last year and stayed at a steady 520 for years before that, jumps to 545 this year and I'd gotten 535 :(

:(

Is second choice any good?

• Advertisement

:(

Is second choice any good?

Ya got offered biological and chemical sciences in ucc, just had my heart set on biomedical science but oh well, I'll get over it eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lala1639

Thinking about repeating. Got 440, 25 points off my course.
    I got offered liberal arts in Mary i. I have nursing on my cao for Galway and Cork, but it's 445 there. Do I have to accept arts in mary I today? If I don't and wait until second round will I not have the option of accepting arts? Not 100% on repeating yet so I don't want to accept arts

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KatherineD

Lala1639 wrote: »
    Thinking about repeating. Got 440, 25 points off my course.
    I got offered liberal arts in Mary i. I have nursing on my cao for Galway and Cork, but it's 445 there. Do I have to accept arts in mary I today? If I don't and wait until second round will I not have the option of accepting arts? Not 100% on repeating yet so I don't want to accept arts

I know it may not be an option but you could try the uk or north of Ireland and try get in through clearing ? I know a lot of people who got into nursing through them

Got my first choice in RCSI cant believe it 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lala1639

KatherineD wrote: »
    I know it may not be an option but you could try the uk or north of Ireland and try get in through clearing ? I know a lot of people who got into nursing throught them

Don't want to do nursing. I'll do arts if I decide not to repeat. I'm wondering will my arts offer be still available to accept after today

Lala1639 wrote: »
    Don't want to do nursing. I'll do arts if I decide not to repeat. I'm wondering will my arts offer be still available to accept after today

What was the course you wanted ? You have until the 29th of august to reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

*edit*

You already have a separate thread on this, let's not confuse the issue! - R.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

sunnyost wrote: »
    How on earth did dental hygiene in trinity jump up to 505!? Anyone else apply for it?

Supply and demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Randy as far as I know what happened in UCC is they got rid of all the separate engineering courses and combined them all into one undenominated eng. And even if that seems like a good idea it means UCC would have had to limit the intake of engineering students as they probably don't have the facilities for one mega course instead of the 5-6 different courses usually with regards to labs and tutorials. Good ol' UCC. :rolleyes:

Also to the person who didn't get Biomed and got Biochem instead, don't worry the same thing happened to me two years in a row even after repeating and going up 100+ points! I got bang on the points second time but didn't get it due to random selection. But heres a secret, for 1st and 2nd year most of the modules are the exact same and if you take the biotech route in 3rd year it's honestly not that different. :)

And congrats everyone else!

peekachoo wrote: »
    Also to the person who didn't get Biomed and got Biochem instead, don't worry the same thing happened to me two years in a row even after repeating and going up 100+ points! I got bang on the points second time but didn't get it due to random selection. But heres a secret, for 1st and 2nd year most of the modules are the exact same and if you take the biotech route in 3rd year it's honestly not that different. :)

And congrats everyone else!

That would be me, wow I really don't have much of a right to moan about it after what happened to you, that must have been very frustrating! Thank you for your insight though, glad to see you're enjoying Biochem, it's made me feel a little bit more optimistic about it anyway :)

• Advertisement

And she found herself a West Cork stud in the process, she don't need no sympathy!! :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

KatherineD wrote: »
    Got my first choice in RCSI cant believe it 🙌

Well done, my brothers applying there medicine. He is a really smart lad, And should get it, but I'm nervous for him already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Silver linings ;)

peekachoo wrote: »
    Silver linings ;)
    Yep, one should always Mark those ... ;) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 James Thomas

5 points off my course last year.

Repeated the leaving,got 500 points in lc this year.My first choice rose from 490 to 505,my second choice rose from 475 to 505.Any tips on painless suicide ??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 katiekilg

Food Science in UCD here I come!! Let's hope like 2000 people didn't get in cause otherwise I'm homeless, don't fancy a commute from Sligo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

katiekilg wrote: »
    Food Science in UCD here I come!! Let's hope like 2000 people didn't get in cause otherwise I'm homeless, don't fancy a commute from Sligo...

UCD take in more than 1000 for arts and 4-500 for science alone..so boy are you in for a surprise😂

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

juniorcert wrote: »
    That would be me, wow I really don't have much of a right to moan about it after what happened to you, that must have been very frustrating!

18/08
    Never forget

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AtLeastITried

I got offered my second choice today and accepted it, if in the second round offers I get my first choice do I have to take it or can I keep my second choice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 katiekilg

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    UCD take in more than 1000 for arts and 4-500 for science alone..so boy are you in for a surprise😂

A good surprise or a bad surprise...? At the moment I'm number 2593 on the accommodation waiting list, last year I know people got in who were originally in the 2600s but every year is different I suppose. I'm holding out for on campus because my dad wants me there for security, but if I don't get in I have very limited options this late.

Advertisement