Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Danny_Boi

Corkalex wrote: »
    2720th :(

I'm 2563.I'm hoping i might sneak in but i probably don't much more of a chance than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Corkalex

Danny_Boi wrote: »
    I'm 2563.I'm hoping i might sneak in but i probably don't much more of a chance than you.

I've been searching for off campus accommodation. And its going so **** because i live in cork and i can't go up there to view the houses anytime soon ffs. we'll both find something eventually but if not, wanna live out on the streets with me?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Has anyone else not gotten any correspondence from DIT whatsoever? I accepted my offer yesterday morning and all i got was the confirmation email from the CAO, i thought DIT would have come through with an email by now

Hey,
    DIT will send out a welcome pack in the post, and I'd imagine that it'd come this week or next!

As far as I remember, they don't send emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Danny_Boi

I've been searching for off campus accommodation. And its going so **** because i live in cork and i can't go up there to view the houses anytime soon ffs. we'll both find something eventually but if not, wanna live out on the streets with me?? :D
    I'm sure we could find a nice bridge to sleep under.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

Danny_Boi wrote: »
    I'm sure we could find a nice bridge to sleep under.

You could, but the rent is outrageous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I probably don't realise how lucky I am live in Dublin with the folks and get to college on a 15m DART journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 katiekilg

People looking for UCD accommodation did ye watch the news last night? Ashfield has just opened with 300 and something rooms, supposedly to ensure all first years get it. I'm number 2593 and I'm keeping my hopes up!! Up to 1300 on adjusted figures got it last year, our figures will adjust today and last year they halved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Louise207

katiekilg wrote: »
    People looking for UCD accommodation did ye watch the news last night? Ashfield has just opened with 300 and something rooms, supposedly to ensure all first years get it. I'm number 2593 and I'm keeping my hopes up!! Up to 1300 on adjusted figures got it last year, our figures will adjust today and last year they halved.

I'm really worried I emailed ucd accommodation and told them my number of 2500 and they told me it's very unlikely I'll receive a place on campus this year! Also when do we find out our adjusted numbers on the list because mine hasn't changed yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

I haven't! I emailed UCD residences and they said it's unlikely that I'll be offered on campus accomodation because of my position on the waiting list :( I'm looking for off campus accomodation but they're either too expensive or too far away from UCD:( what about you??

Im currently placed 2193 on the waiting list :( I rang UCD yesterday morning and they said that anyone under 3000 on the waiting list has a realistic chance of getting in. When do they update these waiting lists?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

hubluh wrote: »
    Im currently placed 2193 on the waiting list :( I rang UCD yesterday morning and they said that anyone under 3000 on the waiting list has a realistic chance of getting in. When do they update these waiting lists?

Where do you guys checkx? Is it when you go as if you're going to put your name on the waiting list and just log back in??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

daraghwal wrote: »
    Where do you guys checkx? Is it when you go as if you're going to put your name on the waiting list and just log back in??

Yeah on sisweb. Use your Cao application number and Dob to login.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

I was 1489 on the list now I'm 1488. so that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

I'm not actually taking a place, I am 2494 on the waiting list but will not be accepting a place. When I don't accept my offer by next monday along with many others I am sure the waiting list will go way down. I got offered ag science but am not taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

moved up a hundred places. 1388 now

• Registered Users Posts: 47 echolima

Was 2600s on the waiting list, won't be going so there's another place up the list for ye :P In all seriousness plenty people won't have gotten their course so there should be a massive jump

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

I got an email and letter today from a college telling me when Induction day was, how to access student email etc. However, I didn't accept their Level 8 offer, I accepted a Level 7 offer in a different college, and I haven't heard anything from them. Has something gone wrong? I've checked and made sure I didn't make a mistake, the CAO website says I accepted the correct course, as do the email and text the CAO sent me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

tfw Trinity sent you an awesome package with the freshers week details and a little brochure thingy and you know you're not gonna accept.

Goddamn you lucky bastards going to the freshers ball! I'm insanely jealous:mad:

TSMGUY wrote: »
    tfw Trinity sent you an awesome package with the freshers week details and a little brochure thingy and you know you're not gonna accept.

Goddamn you lucky bastards going to the freshers ball! I'm insanely jealous:mad:

Mine was from IT Sligo, and it's far worse than your situation, they've given me a student number, assigned me a group for induction, told me how to pay the student contribution etc. It's also postmarked yesterday, so it was sent after I had accepted my offer in another college.

[QUOTE=danm14;100793093Mine was from IT Sligo, and it's far worse than your situation, they've given me a student number, assigned me a group for induction, told me how to pay the student contribution etc. It's also postmarked yesterday, so it was sent after I had accepted my offer in another college.[/QUOTE]

No arguments there!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

danm14 wrote: »
    I got an email and letter today from a college telling me when Induction day was, how to access student email etc. However, I didn't accept their Level 8 offer, I accepted a Level 7 offer in a different college, and I haven't heard anything from them. Has something gone wrong? I've checked and made sure I didn't make a mistake, the CAO website says I accepted the correct course, as do the email and text the CAO sent me.

That's normal. Last year DIT (offered me a course I didn't accept) kept sending me emails etc for a week even though I accepted a different offer. It's just an automatic email.

It's pretty annoying

• Advertisement

TMJM96 wrote: »
    That's normal. Last year DIT (offered me a course I didn't accept) kept sending me emails etc for a week even though I accepted a different offer. It's just an automatic email.

It's pretty annoying

This was a posted letter with my name and offered course, I've been allocated a group for induction, and they've given me my student number.
    I've heard nothing at all whatsoever from the college whose offer I did accept, which leads me to believe something isn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

They shouldn't know that you've accepted your L7 offer as it's in a different college; also, technically you could change your mind before the close of this round and accept their offer instead. If CAO have you accepting the right course, there's nothing to worry about here. They're just being very efficient (from your point of view slightly too efficient!)
    I've heard nothing at all whatsoever from the college whose offer I did accept, which leads me to believe something isn't right.
    They're simply not being quite so efficient! :D

Colleges differ in their approach to this: some colleges send info as soon as an offer is made, some wait until it's accepted, some are very fast, some are slow enough ...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LC2016

Any fellow primary teachers heard anything from Mary I yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dreoilin

summer98 wrote: »
    When do we hear from the college we accepted an offer with?

That'll depend on the college! Some send info straight away, some wait until after the reply date.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 swagmire

LC2016 wrote: »
    Any fellow primary teachers heard anything from Mary I yet?

No not. Have you heard anything regarding accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 27 katiekilg

This was a posted letter with my name and offered course, I've been allocated a group for induction, and they've given me my student number.

Don't worry, IT Sligo do this every year, did you not get the million and one post cards after you put them down on your CAO?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭quirkista

My brother accepted level 8 mechanical engineering in CIT and received an email confirming this. But today he received a letter from CIT for level 7 marine engineering. He wants to do mechanical engineering. Can this be fixed?

quirkista wrote: »
    My brother accepted level 8 mechanical engineering in CIT and received an email confirming this. But today he received a letter from CIT for level 7 marine engineering. He wants to do mechanical engineering. Can this be fixed?
    Does it need to be fixed?

Tell him to check his CAO, and make sure it lists the correct acceptance.

If so, he's fine.

If you skim the last 10 or so posts before yours, you'll see it's not unusual.

Monday 29th August - Round 1 Acceptances closing date (17:15).

If anyone has been sitting on their offer to think about it, don't forget to accept it before 5.15 tomorrow (assuming ofc that you have decided to accept). :p

• Advertisement

Monday 29th August - Round 1 Acceptances closing date (17:15).

If anyone has been sitting on their offer to think about it, don't forget to accept it before 5.15 tomorrow (assuming ofc that you have decided to accept). :p

Can you accept and then change your mind to give yourself more time to think about it? I had a particularly fun time in Dublin last Friday and I'm really fecking unsure if I want to reject my offer or not!

Advertisement