Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm away for my old lady sleep (and yes, every year that comes as a surprise to some...)

Whatever happens tomorrow, it is not the end of the world.
    You could be five years old and have the roof of your home crashing in on top of you. Things will work out. Do not make any hasty decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Stop flirting you two, this is a public forum!
    :o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

adam240610 wrote: »
    Seven people from my year are...

Anyone else for engineering ucd? How did you do in the lc?

Yeah Im pretty safe with 585 but the suspense is killing me..

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

Anyone hoping for UL? Feel like there's so many dubliners here wanting TCD/UCD/DCU/DIT etc and not much hoping for colleges in the west :D

Currently watching the Olympics closing ceremony to pass time ngl

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wheelbarrow12

son now having panic attacks. saying he doesn't want to do his effing first choice anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

hubluh wrote: »

Cya there then haha, I'm well over as well with 595 but can't sleep regardless... Work in the morning too, joy.

hubluh wrote: »

WITH 585?!!!!! If you applied for Nanoscience with advanced materials at Trinity I'd say fair play, but with 585 it's practically impossible for you to not get your 1st choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Anyone hoping for a course in TCD?

If engineering doesn't go up 45 points then I'm in the clear :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Amazing how quiet the LC forum has been this year.

Anyway best of luck to everyone, hope you all get your courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dr1998

Anyone for radiography in UCD? Many apply for it this year is it a popular choice??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

Anyone on here hoping for medicine but currently below last year's points slightly?

Praying for a miracle.

Anyone on here hoping for medicine but currently below last year's points slightly?

Praying for a miracle.
    Good luck Peon! I really hope you get it! It'd be so unfair if you missed out by something silly like 1 or 2 points:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamesc2016

Praying for a miracle.

Me :( ... not going to be able to sleep tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

TSMGUY wrote: »
    Good luck Peon! I really hope you get it! It'd be so unfair if you missed out by something silly like 1 or 2 points:(

Cheers, that's 99% gonna happen but sure look

would you be willing to do any non-medicine courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭medhopeful16

I'll get the nana to light another candle, she's lit so many now you can probably see them from anywhere in the country! I'm not even worried for tomorrow because I'm nearly certain I'm not going to get med in the first round. I wish you all luck guys

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

last year i didn't get biomedical science so decided to do biosciences in dublin and was forced to drop out so now I'm looking to do biosciences closer to home in Carlow... i'm 140 points over the requirement but I just want to accept my course and get it out of the way.. the joy of working nights has my sleeping pattern all dodge :P so i can stay up until 6 and go to sleep then

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

cannot sleep. 5 hours to go. anyone else lurking?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bateve

Must. Not. Sleep.

i fear that i will stay up until about 3, fall asleep and wake up at 12. i'm not good at all nighters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

cannot sleep. 5 hours to go. anyone else lurking?
    173 according to the forum page ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bateve

I'm in Spain and an hour ahead and keep forgetting it's 5 hours left not 4

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Sure if someone really wants to keep themselves awake they could drive to a 24/7 in Dublin, get a paper and post the pictures here??? :D

daraghwal wrote: »
    Sure if someone really wants to keep themselves awake they could drive to a 24/7 in Dublin, get a paper and post the pictures here??? :D

go on then daragh. you're the hero we need

I would only I live hours from Dublin so it defeats the purpose. Would keep me awake though :D

"He's the hero boards deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."

it's gonna be a long night... a dark night even :P sorry

TSMGUY wrote: »
    "He's the hero boards deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."

I think you might actually need some sleep there TSMGUY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mayoforsam2016

does anybody know what time shops get the papers in roughly? im in mayo and theres a 24hr close by but i dont want to go out unless i know its there :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 swagmire

Do you have to accept offer straight away to be guaranteed your place or can I think about it first with my family

Advertisement