Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

swagmire wrote: »
    Do you have to accept offer straight away to be guaranteed your place or can I think about it first with my family

you have one week. i think 17:15 on the 29th is the deadline
    ninja edit: Gotta watch out for accommodation though

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

swagmire wrote: »
    Do you have to accept offer straight away to be guaranteed your place or can I think about it first with my family

You have until 29th August to decide I'm sure! Double check this though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

it's gonna be a long night... a dark night even :P sorry
    DOT, that was like something I'd come up with! :p

That is NOT a compliment! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bateve

There's probably a better chance of getting a paper from a smaller non 24 hour shop that have the papers delivered outside

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Say I go and decline my offer in the morning, does that go immediately to the next guy on the list to get it or will it go to someone in round 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

bateve wrote: »
    There's probably a better chance of getting a paper from a smaller non 24 hour shop that have the papers delivered outside

Anyone wanna throw out some predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InTheNight

daraghwal wrote: »
    Say I go and decline my offer in the morning, does that go immediately to the next guy on the list to get it or will it go to someone in round 2

You can't actually decline an offer, just refuse to accept by the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

I am saying points are dropping especially anything over 430 because of the high failure rate in maths and the fact that almost 30 percent are stuck in the D zone of OL adn plus results were down compared top last year so I just cant see points going up especially in Science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

it's gonna be a long night... a dark night even :P sorry

I think after that joke you need to go into hiding for 7 years like Bruce Wayne:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

InTheNight wrote: »
    You can't actually decline an offer, just refuse to accept by the deadline.
    This.

It then gets offered in R2.

• Advertisement

onlinenerd wrote: »
    I am saying points are dropping especially anything over 430 because of the high failure rate in maths and the fact that almost 30 percent are stuck in the D zone of OL adn plus results were down compared top last year so I just cant see points going up especially in Science

hope you're right. i got 500. I'd be delighted with science in ucd, common entry to actuarial in dcu or financial in NUIG. or even psychology in ucd :P although it's going to be very hit or miss. I may end up getting economics in ucd which i won't mind but deffo not a first choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

With the full percentage drop in A1's in biology, it's very possible that points for science/medicine will go down as bio is by far the most popular science. Also, I think I read that the number of A1's in physics have gone down too, so it's a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 echolima

Tense wait, not a chance I'll get a wink of sleep. I'm 1 point clear on last year's minimum for medicine in NUIG, so fingers crossed! Praying for number 1 (UCD) though. Good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 unluckybud

Does anyone know when cao vacant offers come out? And when you can apply for them/ when you'll know if you've been accepted?? Are they determined by points still?

Also are there any offers between R1 and R2?

Sorry for all the questions lol I hope everyone gets what they want :) thanks in advance!

The number of A1s in Accounting dropped by around 4% so I think that may have a slight impact on some business courses.

unluckybud wrote: »
    Does anyone know when cao vacant offers come out? And when you can apply for them/ when you'll know if you've been accepted?? Are they determined by points still?

Also are there any offers between R1 and R2?

Sorry for all the questions lol I hope everyone gets what they want :) thanks in advance!

Pretty sure they go up tomorrow and the offers are made every Thursday (I could be wrong on that but I vaguely remember it saying Thursdays last year).. could be wrong though I didn't pay much heed to them last year. Private colleges such as Griffith and DBS make up most of the list.

echolima wrote: »
    Tense wait, not a chance I'll get a wink of sleep. I'm 1 point clear on last year's minimum for medicine in NUIG, so fingers crossed! Praying for number 1 (UCD) though. Good luck everyone :)
    You'll defo get NUIG! Here's hoping that points drop for all Med courses though

despite the fact that there were 700 ish more people doing the lc they aren't showing up towards the top (500+ points excluding the maths bonus) http://www.irishexaminer.com/remote/media.central.ie/media/images/z/zzzPoints1516_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-416832

A1s dropped in all three sciences so lets hope that helps matters too

You'll defo get NUIG! Here's hoping that points drop for all Med courses though

Everyone seems to hoping for a drop, which makes me hope that points are due to go down, with the drop in A1s, in applicants and in the high HPAT percentiles

• Advertisement

Everyone seems to hoping for a drop, which makes me hope that points are due to go down, with the drop in A1s, in applicants and in the high HPAT percentiles

How big of a points drop would you predict?

How big of a points drop would you predict?

I'd love to see it drop 20 points or so, but I don't think so 😅 I'd guess something between 5-10 points, but don't hold me to that :P

can someone leak something? i'm getting exhausted

I'd love to see it drop 20 points or so, but I don't think so 😅 I'd guess something between 5-10 points, but don't hold me to that :P
    I need it to drop by 6...if it goes down by that I'm buying everyone on Boards a drink. You can hold me to that! haha

I need it to drop by 6...if it goes down by that I'm buying everyone on Boards a drink. You can hold me to that! haha

Where you hoping for? You still have a good chance at least! Sickening to be that close though

Where you hoping for? You still have a good chance at least! Sickening to be that close though
    NUIG!
    Awh tell me about it, I've been so down the last few days I've resigned myself to not getting it. Don't want to suffer another disappointment.

NUIG!
    Awh tell me about it, I've been so down the last few days I've resigned myself to not getting it. Don't want to suffer another disappointment.

I have my fingers crossed for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭OceanSixteen

All points for courses are available in the Irish Independent E-Paper which you can now download.

i've downloaded it if anyone wants to know the points of a specific course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

This wait is worse than the LC results themselves honestly. Was planning on getting at least a few hours sleep but I doubt I'll be getting that tonight.

I already know I'm not getting choice one because I missed out on the maths requirement. Would be very happy with my second though as I spent months deciding which I wanted to put first and I never really fully decided on which one.

For those interested, choice one is mathematical sciences and I planned on doing the computer electives, choice two is mathematics and physics. Both at UL. Plan with the physics course is to enjoy and dig into the physics and maybe pick up a computer science masters later to cover my love of physics and computers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭medhopeful16

All points for courses are available in the Irish Independent E-Paper which you can now download.

i've downloaded it if anyone wants to know the points of a specific course?

Medicine please in cork and galway?

Advertisement