Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ShaunaD97

can someone tell me how much nutrition and Health science is in CIT please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RachelAC

ShaunaD97 wrote: »

Looks like 380 but please don't take my word for it, it is very hard to make out

RachelAC wrote: »
    Looks like 380 but please don't take my word for it, it is very hard to make out

I was hoping it was 330 but I think your right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KathOFlan

ShaunaD97 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

So if it's saying your course is a certain amount of points with no asterisks and you got exactly that amount of points, then you're offered that course?

• Advertisement

can someone give me the points for applied bioscience and early years in cit too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CrummyOldDanish

Could someone let me know what Interior Design and Technology is in LIT (LC257) if they have it please? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

stead wrote: »
    So if it's saying your course is a certain amount of points with no asterisks and you got exactly that amount of points, then you're offered that course?
    Yes.

stead wrote: »

Yes, if you have the minimum entry requirements!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shligonian

Tonight is like a really messed up version of Christmas

• Advertisement

can someone give me the points for applied bioscience and early years in cit too please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Alright, I got 560 and English Lit with Film Studies is my second choice (thought it was my third, but no) and it's 515 points. My first choice was English with Psychology, which is 570 points but I actually wanted English with Film more, so everything worked out grand!

Shame I won't be accepting. In case anything goes pear-shaped with my UCAS application, is there anyway I can defer a place for next year as a backup? It'd put my mum's mind at ease.

bcross12 wrote: »
    Could someone let me know what Interior Design and Technology is in LIT (LC257) if they have it please? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annmarie98

Can somebody check is Earth Science in Trinity still 490? Can't see screenshot clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 47 echolima

shligonian wrote: »
    Tonight is like a really messed up version of Christmas

Lol :) Except there's a real chance you could get a lump of coal instead of presents and the stakes are much higher :P

Um, you do know how the CAO works, right? :p
    No:o:o:o

I'm British, get off my back!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

TSMGUY wrote: »
    siebey123 wrote: »
    European studies in UL please!

375, you're in there!

UL here I come!! Thank you! :D

In case anything goes pear-shaped with my UCAS application, is there anyway I can defer a place for next year as a backup? It'd put my mum's mind at ease.
    http://www.cao.ie/handbook.php?page=20

Read the farking handbook!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

What are the points for Business Common Entry (Level 7 - CR021 - Cork IT)? Thanks again, you're all amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RachelAC

annmarie98 wrote: »
    Can somebody check is Earth Science in Trinity still 490? Can't see screenshot clearly

I see 490

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 shligonian

echolima wrote:
    Lol Except there's a real chance you could get a lump of coal instead of presents and the stakes are much higher

Also true

Alright, I got 560 and English Lit with Film Studies is my second choice (thought it was my third, but no) and it's 515 points. My first choice was English with Psychology, which is 570 points but I actually wanted English with Film more, so everything worked out grand!

Shame I won't be accepting. In case anything goes pear-shaped with my UCAS application, is there anyway I can defer a place for next year as a backup? It'd put my mum's mind at ease.

Yes! Accept the place via CAO then contact Trinity and ask to defer. They reserve the right to refuse mind you so just tell them you are taking a gap year instead of going to study elsewhere.

You will then be sent a letter by CAO next Feb asking you if you want to take up the deferred place in 2017 or release it.
    retweet wrote: »
    What are the points for Business Common Entry (Level 7 - CR021 - Cork IT)? Thanks again, you're all amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

stephlumo wrote: »
    siebey123 wrote: »
    European studies in UL please!

375!
    Thank you!

annmarie98 wrote: »

Yes. Have the download and it says 490

KathOFlan wrote: »
    Yes! Accept the place via CAO then contact Trinity and ask to defer. They reserve the right to refuse mind you so just tell them you are taking a gap year instead of going to study elsewhere.

You will then be sent a letter by CAO next Feb asking you if you want to take up the deferred place in 2017 or release it.
    Thank you so much, that's awesome.
    http://www.cao.ie/handbook.php?page=20

Read the farking handbook!!! :pac:

Why can't you be more like KathOFlan? I'll read Beowulf before I read that crusty handbook!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 royalthomas

Does anyone have the level 7 points list? Thanks :) And thanks for the level 8s, Pretty much confirmed a spot in UCD for computer science ! :D Good days

Why can't you be more like KathOFlan? I'll read Beowulf before I read that crusty handbook!
    Kath hasn't been modding this place for the last 8 years, and dealing with eejits who spend two years working to get max points, but won't spend 2 hours figuring out how to make the most of them! ;)

Kath hasn't been modding this place for the last 8 years, and dealing with eejits who spend two years working to get max points, but won't spend 2 hours figuring out how to make the most of them! ;)

True! Could have a list of common questions and answers .... Always the same every year. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 32 louisoc

Can someone confirm that Trinity Law is 535? Also, please don't hate me but what does the asterix mean beside the points lol

• Advertisement

KathOFlan wrote: »
    True! Could have a list of common questions and answers .... Always the same every year. ðŸ˜
    There are some in the "CAO offers" sticky thread at the top of the forum. ;)

Advertisement