Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login and registration information email

Options
  • 21-08-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I got an email from Trinity a week ago saying that all applicants would receive a username and password on the 17/18 August. It says the same on the orientation website as well but I haven't received one yet. Am I the only one or are they just a bit late being sent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Aghoney

You are not the only one. My feeling is that once you receive a CAO offer for TCD, accepting the offer will trigger the generation of the username and password, and the email with that information asking you to login to my.tcd.ie . I don't know why the email and the web site say what they say, but I would not worry about the username and password until after you accept an offer.

Edit: I stand corrected, we received the email with the username and password on Friday afternoon, we just had not checked the email since.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InTheNight

I got mine but it was in my junk email, check there!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Soolander wrote: »
    I got an email from Trinity a week ago saying that all applicants would receive a username and password on the 17/18 August. It says the same on the orientation website as well but I haven't received one yet. Am I the only one or are they just a bit late being sent?

Haven't got mine either. I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to get new credentials or continue to use the ones I have since applying (mature student)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

If you applied for TAP, it's the same login details.

The numeric user ID that you got when you applied as a mature student is the one you will continue to use.
    Please note: applicants who have already accessed the my.tcd.ie website should continue to access it using their current username and password as this will not have changed.

• Advertisement

Time wrote: »
    Haven't got mine either. I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to get new credentials or continue to use the ones I have since applying (mature student)

By the way, did you get any registration information yet? I am also a mature student (while my daughter is leaving cert/CAO), and I am still waiting for the "early August" message with information on registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Aghoney wrote: »
    By the way, did you get any registration information yet? I am also a mature student (while my daughter is leaving cert/CAO), and I am still waiting for the "early August" message with information on registration.

Not a thing, I can see my offer and acceptance in my inbox messages, that's pretty much it though.

Edit: The my application/my accommodation options have dissapeared from the the sidebar

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

Sent an email to the academic registry as per the advice of their facebook and still no reply. Getting worried now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

Trinity aren't the best at being organised, especially around this time of year. You'll be sent the details in the next few days, I would assume but lectures don't even start until the 26th of September so you have plenty of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭F.Grimes

Haha this is pretty much what you can now expect for the next four years. Just relax everything will be fine, eventually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement