Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of questions

Options
  • 21-08-2016 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just 2 quick questions:

I have a BOI debit card, is there a limit to how much can be paid for in a single transaction? 

We have a joint account, I've a couple of cheques in my name only that i want to get my partner to lodge into our joint account, do i need to sign the back of them? 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just 2 quick questions:

I have a BOI debit card, is there a limit to how much can be paid for in a single transaction? 

We have a joint account, I've a couple of cheques in my name only that i want to get my partner to lodge into our joint account, do i need to sign the back of them? 

Thanks
    Good Morning alwaysadub, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie, when you are using your card to pay for something the limit would be determined by your cleared balance. You may find that if the amount of the purchase is over €1000 it will be sent for a referral. This means that the retailer will need to call their authorisation centre to approve the payment. We cannot do a pre-authorisation on these transactions. 

You can lodge these cheques to your joint account, you can sign the back of this also. Please note most cheques expire after 6 months so be to lodge before this happens.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Evie 

Advertisement