Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf I - The Beginning | Completed - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭dobman88

So fleawuss is looking very suspect after his latest posts. Also MicksJaguar stinks. It could just be his posting style but he sounds wolfy. Mahamageed is making the most sense along with Andy so I'm happy enough to give them a pass for now but the way Andy is taking control should make him a kill target for the wolves so if he's still alive we should probably lynch him or at least run him against someone.

Also, it's a bit sh!t that we don't find out the identities of those killed. Their roles would be vital info for us to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Andy, why on earth would you suggest the seer came out if they had binked a wolf? Are you a wolf hoping that a novice player might think you are talking sense? Have you and poochie on my list.
    Genuine question, why shouldn't the seer come out? At least we'd know one wolf was dead and we could try and figure out their acquaintances from their posts and voting patterns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Turn 2 morning.

As morning dawned across After Hours village there was an eerie broken silence abound. Not a bird was singing, the only noise was a vague farting sound coming from Persepoly’s hut. One by one the villagers woke from their slumber and gathered in the center of town. Some of them seemed overly tired given they should all have been in bed by the early curfew. One wiped a small dribble of blood from their stubble unseen by the rest.

Maybe shock had set in among the villagers, or maybe they were just glad that it wasn't their own body laying naked and half eaten on the ground. mahamageehad grunted, “better that annoying bollox than me”, The Dazzler started laughing like a man who'd lost his mind. He jumped up and down, over and around poor Fleawuss’ pathetic entrails. “Buuurrrnnnnn it, Buuurrrnnnnn it now buahahahaha”, screamed Daz.

Fleawuss has been slaughters by the wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭dobman88

Genuine question, why shouldn't the seer come out? At least we'd know one wolf was dead and we could try and figure out their acquaintances from their posts and voting patterns?

If the seer comes out we have no way of looking at roles really and it would be game over more or less this early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Andy, why on earth would you suggest the seer came out if they had binked a wolf? Are you a wolf hoping that a novice player might think you are talking sense? Have you and poochie on my list.

The seer should find as many as they can then come out, but this game is different from most as usually there is a seer group forming and that can help get wolves. No need for the seer to be a one shot.

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »
    Some might read that as a rules question but......

Was that an in-joke for the other wolves?

Genuine question, no pressure,

Right now I'm seeing a wolf trying to be too clever

I'm only awake half an hour and wanted to make sure I didn't miss the deadline :)

Well, that's a surprise, I was full sure after the last few posts that flea was a wolf!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

I'm only awake half an hour and wanted to make sure I didn't miss the deadline :)

You posted that 45 mins ago, not really the best answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I have no idea why we are not finding out the lynch/munch results at all. This game will be tough to play with what I feel is vital information withheld.

We need to see votes, so we can see patterns. To see if wolves are suddenly attacking in a group before the lynch deadline. Talk alone will not show us who is a wolf I don't think. We can only guess the munch each night is who they think is the seer but we have no idea if he or she is even alive!

Anyone can come on thread and claim to be seer and point fingers. If I was a wolf I would to see who counter claims...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Fleawuss? Hmm. Surprising choice.

Also, given that the narrator knows who the various characters are, perhaps it would be better if he refrained from saying how certain posters "react" to the various deaths? I get that you want to release your inner scribe, but it might be best if doing so didn't risk influencing the voters' choices, even if the names you pick are "randomly" chosen. No offence intended - the thread is a good 'un.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

RIP in fleawuss :( I guess werewolves don't have fleas after all...

Well, that's a surprise, I was full sure after the last few posts that flea was a wolf!!!!

Hmmm, interesting wolf strategy. Kill a player who had pointed a finger at a whole group and offered us a kill strategy. Im going to start with an assumption that the wolves dont need ro cluster votes yet and suggest that fleawuss suvgestion last night may not cover all the bases

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

RIP flea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

dobman88 wrote: »
    If the seer comes out we have no way of looking at roles really and it would be game over more or less this early on.

Its unlivkey the seer has a wolf already, he might not have one for a fee more rounds yet, but if he finds one and doesn't tell us we are screwed, with one wolf caught we have a chance to work out the others

The priest and his trainee would know roles after death, and if the seer did come out with one wolf we still have a witness to get one more then out of the seer

Will have to have a think about the wolves target just now

Ficheall wrote: »

Also, given that the narrator knows who the various characters are, perhaps it would be better if he refrained from saying how certain posters "react" to the various deaths? I get that you want to release your inner scribe, but it might be best if doing so didn't risk influencing the voters' choices, even if the names you pick are "randomly" chosen. No offence intended - the thread is a good 'un.

They really can't influence the voting. People can't be that thick.

Sleep tight. Don't let the werewolves bite!

I noticed this and thought it was a strange comment to make. Perhaps it's meaningless or perhaps it's was made with a devious smile.

I am wondering if the narration, has clues though (not in relation to the use of characters names), but there may be other clues subtly included in there... one "villager" wiped blood from his stubble...etc.

We must also analyse fleawuss' posts... why was he slaughter last night? a randomly chosen or was he touching a nerve with the wolves... Some of the keys to wolf identities could be mixed up in both of these...

sullivlo wrote: »
    1. The Dazzler - voted for sullivlo
    2. Persepoly - voted for sullivlo
    3. dobman88 - FIRST voted for Shatter
    4. The Valeyard - voted for Fleawuss
    5. Andy125 - voted for Shatter and deemed important to the group/interest to the seer
    6. MrsFlushdraw - voted for Poochie
    7. MicksJaguar - voted for Shatter
    8. KERSPLAT!
    9. Fleawuss - voted for Uriel
    10. Uriel. - voted for Shatter
    11. ShatterProof - voted for Sullivlo
    12. suffering golfer - voted for digital solitude
    13. sullivlo - voted for Shatter
    14. Kylo Ren - voted for uriel
    15. El Hombre - voted for uriel
    16. boneyarsebogman - voted for poochie
    17. Digital Solitude - voted for mahamageehad
    18. mahamageehad - voted for Shatter
    19. Poochie05 - voted for Shatter
    20. tritium - voted for Shatter
    21. Ficheall - voted for fleawuss

Just to update based on Fleas passing.

I have a theory but I will wait and see how things pan out during the day.

Uriel. wrote: »
    I am wondering if the narration, has clues though (not in relation to the use of characters names), but there may be other clues subtly included in there... one "villager" wiped blood from his stubble...etc.

We must also analyse fleawuss' posts... why was he slaughter last night? a randomly chosen or was he touching a nerve with the wolves... Some of the keys to wolf identities could be mixed up in both of these...

The only thing relevant in the narrative is the person who died. The rest is all bollocks.

Perhaps a wolf had a grudge against innocent flea? Perhaps flea was the priest and learned that kersplat and/or Shatter were in fact wolves so the wolves attacked?

• Advertisement

I survived!!!

I noticed this and thought it was a strange comment to make. Perhaps it's meaningless or perhaps it's was made with a devious smile.

Persepoly, how come youre pointing out other posters comments but kind of holding back with an explanation for your own. "I woke up 30 minutes ago" doesnt really cut it.

Hmmm, interesting wolf strategy. Kill a player who had pointed a finger at a whole group and offered us a kill strategy. Im going to start with an assumption that the wolves dont need ro cluster votes yet and suggest that fleawuss suvgestion last night may not cover all the bases

Agreed (and not just because I was one of the 8 he singled out!!)

Initially I thought flea's "strategy" was a load of ****e, because he divided the group in half and demonized the half he wasn't in. A very wolfy tactic I thought. However, in light of his death, I have to admit he might have been on to something. He was killed for a reason! I agree that it doesn't cover all bases and that the wolves probably aren't block voting yet, but I'm going to keep an eye on the other 7 he accused. I'll weigh it with the other evidence.

His death has really thrown me though, I have no real wolf suspects now. I'm logging off again now until this evening (damn job!) but I'm interested to read everyone's ideas later on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Yea I'm thinking along the same lines, it just seem far to obvious for them to kill flea based on him knowing the wolves,

Perhaps a wolf had a grudge against innocent flea? Perhaps flea was the priest and learned that kersplat and/or Shatter were in fact wolves so the wolves attacked?

The wolves wouldn't know that he was a priest though, unless he said it on the thread or displayed some signs that he was??

Jayop wrote: »
    People can't be that thick.
    Have you seen some of the other stuff people are basing their choices on?

I certainly wouldn't dismiss the possibility of someone feeling that the narrator, in an attempt to not give anything away, would include a mix of villagers and wolves in his random selection for his story.

One last thing before I go, *if* Flea was a role (which we don't know) and he was killed because he touched a nerve with the wolves, we need to remember that he cast his vote for Uriel.

The wolves wouldn't know that he was a priest though, unless he said it on the thread or displayed some signs that he was??
    He was the only one to have a strategy, aside from Andy. Hopefully the seer has their eyes on Andy.

Have you seen some of the other stuff people are basing their choices on?

I certainly wouldn't dismiss the possibility of someone feeling that the narrator, in an attempt to not give anything away, would include a mix of villagers and wolves in his random selection for his story.

Well they shouldn't. The ganes all have wee stories like that, I don't even write them all myself and the names are pulled from the the list of people just looking at who hasn't had a mention yet.

Edit, the names in the Lynch stories are generally the people who have voted for that person attacking them.

• Advertisement

He was the only one to have a strategy, aside from Andy. Hopefully the seer has their eyes on Andy.

mahamageehad and ShatterProof also had "strategies", and I use the term very f*cking loosely indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement