Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf I - The Beginning | Completed - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

smash wrote: »
    Maybe the private game can be removed from the public forum and taken to pm!

No. This has already been approved by Mods in AH. If you want, you can watch and join in when the next game starts. This is no different from an AH thread you do not comment in.

You seem irrationally concerned about the presence of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from AH as a TEMPORARY SOLUTION. We are working on a more permanent solution, so bear with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Uriel. wrote: »
    dunno maybe the game mod could give "game instructions" in another font colour or something, so that it is distinct from any boards.ie Mod instructions.

The (boards) mods seem to have endorsed the opportunity to host the game here so it seems a bit pointless to limit the "in game rules", I think most players know and understand the difference between a boards mod and a game mod instruction and to be fair the game thread has been largely respect by other forum users.

I have played loads of games of WW on various forums, it has never been an issue and folk that don't play just don't bother getting involved. Basically if they don't like they don't read. Simples.

You can not take this to PM really and it is best played like this on the open forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Probably better suited to this forum, to be fair, as there's less risk of people who aren't currently in the game being d1cks.
    But yes, trying to hold it via PM would be stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Can't we just stick it in a dead forum, let the sign up happen in AH where it'll be seen, game thread in a dead forum, no one cares because it's only bumping a forum no one uses.

Or give it its own forum, would be an active one at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

We need yo sort this and move on, we are losing time for some proper conversation on who to lynch next

Thread works here as I assume we are all following the thread so we know where it is, if we did have an audience I'm sure they will find it too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

andy125 wrote: »
    We need yo sort this and move on, we are losing time for some proper conversation on who to lynch next

Thread works here as I assume we are all following the thread so we know where it is, if we did have an audience I'm sure they will find it too

Agreed, the technicalities of hosting the game have been temporarily resolved with hopefully a more permanent solution to follow, so best to return to the real subject at hand... ousting the wolves...

Well don't point things out then that are wrong :)

ooof very touchy... sorry to have threaded on your paw....:p

Were the mods here even consulted or just were we just dumped on them?

If so, sorry :(

I propose we change the name of the village to something else, AH doesnt deserve it anymore.

• Advertisement

This is really conspiracy stuff here,

But,

Is it possible that fleaswuss was a Wolf and they killed him to throw us all off?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

But,

Is it possible that fleaswuss was a Wolf and they killed him to throw us all off?
    Unlikely. Fleawuss was taken because he was outing a wolf.

But,

doubt, yesterday was only the first full day of conversation and just the first full lynching, it would seem a bizarre tactic for them to take so early in the game, plus I am not sure that the rules would allow wolves to attack each other (Jayop - are you in a position to clarify the rules in that regard?)

sullivlo wrote: »
    Fleawuss was taken because he was outing a wolf.

That's a very definitive statement to be making...

That's a very definitive statement to be making...
    Why else would you and your wolf compatriots take an innocent villager?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

But,

To be honest I was convinced that Shatterproof was a wolf and that they sacrificed him for the greater good, so don't think Fleawuss was one too. I think he may have been on to them so they got rid of him. Perhaps he was the Seer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Hi folks. I'm going to be careful about what I say because I don't want to peev any of the staff, and as I said in a pm there I'm asking for clarification on how best to manage the game without falling foul of the boards rules. I can understand the issue taken with my post.

Perhaps for now we should just carry on with this game and I'll try to figure out any issues.

I agree that the mod of the game and any posts in this thread should be done in another colour as it is too difficult to follow when the mod has spoken. Can this be done?

Why else would you and your wolf compatriots take an innocent villager?

I dunno, cos I am not a wolf...

however, you are making very definitive statement regarding wolf strategies and then there was the matter of your attempt at hiding the fact that you were nominated by the lynchee earlier, until you were called out on it... think I may add you to my suspected wolf watch list...

Well don't point things out then that are wrong :)

ooof very touchy... sorry to have threaded on your paw....:p
    You are BARKING up the wrong tree there my friend. I was not being touchy hence the smiley face at the end. Meerly pointing out your error :)

• Advertisement

I agree that the mod of the game and any posts in this thread should be done in another colour as it is too difficult to follow when the mod has spoken. Can this be done?

No problem on the evening but I do most of the morning stuff and weekend on my phone and I don't see a way to format text other that typing in the format instructions manually. Tom is advising me how best to do this later.

All is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Poochie05 wrote: »
    To be honest I was convinced that Shatterproof was a wolf and that they sacrificed him for the greater good, so don't think Fleawuss was one too. I think he may have been on to them so they got rid of him. Perhaps he was the Seer...
    "For the greater good" being that they knew he was beyond saving, and so they hopped on the bandwagon to avoid suspicion? That is the small disadvantage of disclosing votes publicly in advance, though on the whole the benefits of doing so outweigh the negative.

I dunno, cos I am not a wolf...

however, you are making very definitive statement regarding wolf strategies and then there was the matter of your attempt at hiding the fact that you were nominated by the lynchee earlier, until you were called out on it... think I may add you to my suspected wolf watch list...
    It was a slip of the mind, fellow villager. I did not see the point in telling others about Shatters last actions.

Accuse all you like, but Persepoly has said on thread that she made a mistake in choosing to lynch me. I'm one of the good ones.

Poochie05 wrote: »

But,

Only problem with that poochie is we don't know the role of the dead so if you and your team mates let fleaswuss take one for the team it was a waste of time...

I think we also need to examine the very quiet members of the village... there's a handful of eerily quiet villagers... and this needs discussing...

It was a slip of the mind, fellow villager. I did not see the point in telling others about Shatters last actions.

Accuse all you like, but Persepoly has said on thread that she made a mistake in choosing to lynch me. I'm one of the good ones.

Yes that's right. I also don't believe shatter and Fleawuss were wolves. Valeyard, Tritium, Boney, and perhaps Poochie, I also feel are fellow villagers.

@WWMOD

I am not sure if I will get on much later and was looking at the lynch form but it says not open till tomorrow? is that correct?

We need to find the reason flea was slaughtered and see how other posters reacted with him last night, that is the most evidence we have so far

I will have a good look when I get home from work and see if anything stands out

@WWMOD

I am not sure if I will get on much later and was looking at the lynch form but it says not open till tomorrow? is that correct?

Pm you vote to game mod

• Advertisement

@WWMOD

Sorry. Slipped my mind this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement