Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf I - The Beginning | Completed - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Poochie05 wrote: »
    But how do we know it's really the priest and not a wolf trying to throw us off the scent?
    How does he know who a real villager now though? He can only make a guess based on posters posts. A leap of faith! Guess that why they are priests!!

If the priest knows the roles behind those who have passed he can work out who is lying and who is tell the truth with only 4 wolfs (hopefully less) and 14 villagers left he has a higher chance of picking a villager than a wolf if we get later into the game where as the later we get into the game the more possible the priest will pick a wolf but has a chance of being lynched or eaten by the wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Flea called you out on being a wolf, wanted to lynch you, and you got him slaughtered.

no i didn't.

This game is tough if we cant see voting patterns. Would love to be able to race two players and see who vote for whom and then do the same the following night etc... At least we will have an idea who vote for whom.

Actually not sure if that would be helpful unless we know who the dead player is.

Need to think this through. Trying to figure out an optimal game strategy to figure out the wolves.

The priest should maybe come out in two days after two/three days of races and let us know the players role and that will give us valuable info on voting patterns (assuming the priest survive that long). No longer as we are losing 2 players let day and we have 18 players left.

Once the priest has someone trained he should just gamble on being alive untill we hit a ww as all he could tell us is we have killed villagers. Still info but not quite worth as much.

If we get a ww from tonight or last night he should come out and tell us after 10 tomoro and he can have the witness follow him.

I'll be voting Sullivo tonight as I think she is looking very dodge seemingly trying to explain the fleawuss kill which was bizzare as he had a chance or getting the noose tonight after last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

andy125 wrote: »
    If the priest knows the roles behind those who have passed he can work out who is lying and who is tell the truth
    How??
    Please give an example wherein you assign the three dead people any roles you choose, and then explain how you could work out who a single liar or truth-teller was..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

I agree with valeyard. There doesn't seem to be any logic or pattern. I feel very much in the dark with who could be a wolf or a priest or a seer.
    What did Fleawuss know to have him taken out? Who did he suspect? I need to read back over the posts to see who first cast doubt on Andy.

Andy Andy Andy. What is it about your posts that keep drawing my attention.

Persepoly, I'm still worried by your post this morning....

• Advertisement

El Hombre wrote: »
    Really? Can you link the post where you explained it wasn't you? I'm stuck on scrappy amazon tablet at the moment.

Interesting to keep accusing you if you've clearly defended yourself sullivo just got interesting if its true!
    Uriel. wrote: »
    I dunno, cos I am not a wolf...

however, you are making very definitive statement regarding wolf strategies and then there was the matter of your attempt at hiding the fact that you were nominated by the lynchee earlier, until you were called out on it... think I may add you to my suspected wolf watch list...
    sullivo, except as you can see that fleawuss tried to attribute this quote to me in the wrong... it was tritium that suggested a vacancy for a gravedigger.

Bare in mind that suggested fleawuss was a wolf given that wolves have fleas... and he/she took exception to same.
    Folks this is quoted to show how uriel lies.

El Hombre... it's all there... I note that this false attribution and persistence came not long after I called sullivo out on some of her posts earlier today and stated that I would be adding her to my suspected wolf watch list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

If the priest knows the roles behind those who have passed he can work out who is lying and who is tell the truth with only 4 wolfs (hopefully less) and 14 villagers left he has a higher chance of picking a villager than a wolf if we get later into the game where as the later we get into the game the more possible the priest will pick a wolf but has a chance of being lynched or eaten by the wolves
    That interesting, and I agree to large extent due to odds, etc... But Think he is better off waiting for tomorrow to train as not enough info yet. We should try set up a race today to help him to make the decision. The vote last night was 1st night chaos, with voting all over the shop I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Once the priest has someone trained he should just gamble on being alive untill we hit a ww as all he could tell us is we have killed villagers. Still info but not quite worth as much.

If we get a ww from tonight or last night he should come out and tell us after 10 tomoro and he can have the witness follow him.

I'll be voting Sullivo tonight as I think she is looking very dodge seemingly trying to explain the fleawuss kill which was bizzare as he had a chance or getting the noose tonight after last night.
    I'm not sure you're making the right decision there. I am not trying to justify fleas killing, I'm merely querying why he was killed. I'm firmly of the opinion that flea was innocent, and was killed because of intelligence that he had gained on the wolves. And given that he voted for uriel, the only one who did may I add, I hypothesise that he was killed by the wolves, as urial also voted for shatter.

Unless anyone has any other theories?

I dunno. I think the priest should train somebody asap. If he dies before that, we are screwed.

Just to update based on Fleas passing.

I have a theory but I will wait and see how things pan out during the day.
    I'm not sure you're making the right decision there. I am not trying to justify fleas killing, I'm merely querying why he was killed. I'm firmly of the opinion that flea was innocent, and was killed because of intelligence that he had gained on the wolves. And given that he voted for uriel, the only one who did may I add, I hypothesise that he was killed by the wolves, as urial also voted for shatter.

Will update after 10. It will be interesting to see who votes together again tonight.

1. The Dazzler - voted for sullivlo
    2. Persepoly - voted for sullivlo
    3. dobman88 - FIRST voted for Shatter
    4. The Valeyard - voted for Fleawuss
    5. Andy125 - voted for Shatter and deemed important to the group/interest to the seer
    6. MrsFlushdraw - voted for Poochie
    7. MicksJaguar - voted for Shatter
    8. KERSPLAT!
    9. Fleawuss - voted for Uriel
    10. Uriel. - voted for Shatter
    11. ShatterProof
    12. suffering golfer - voted for digital solitude
    13. sullivlo - voted for Shatter
    14. Kylo Ren - voted for uriel
    15. El Hombre - voted for uriel
    16. boneyarsebogman - voted for poochie
    17. Digital Solitude - voted for mahamageehad
    18. mahamageehad - voted for Shatter
    19. Poochie05 - voted for Shatter
    20. tritium - voted for Shatter
    21. Ficheall - voted for fleawuss

Whaaaat? :confused::eek: he wasn't the only one to vote for me as set out in your own post earlier today, quoted for reference. Kylo Ren and El Hombre also voted for me....
    what is with the lies?

I am now convinced you are a wolf.

• Advertisement

So the wolves target Fleawuss, why did they kill him,

below are Fleawuss final few posts

Fleawuss wrote: »
    There's a way to win this villagers: 8 voted to kill shatterproof and 12 didn't. 12 gives a majority. The wolves will have voted to kill him in order to keep their pack of 4 votes intact. Even if it's only 3 wolves voted it's still 9 against 11.

Do we 12 have the guts to stand together and pick one of the 8 to lynch in turn? It is guaranteed victory for us. Even if the wolves kill one of us each night we keep the advantage and the wolves will become clearer each time.
    Mark my words: none of the 8 who killed shatter will die tonight. There is your proof. The wolves will be scared now of what I proposed.
    If the wolves kill one of the 8 we the villagers win. We then rule 7 12 and there is no way back. The deer should look among the 8 and particularly the clever who guide and nudge.

Hunt them down.

Two reasons that i can think of atm ,

1. Fleawuss was on to something with his vote strategy and the wolves killed him for it but leave themselves wide open for lynching

or

2. Fleawuss was on to nothing so they killed him to make it look like he was onto something which would cause major problems for us village if it exceeded

The wolves are talking in private between themselves for over a day now, the wolves know each other, so they dont have to worry about not trusting each other like we do.When 4 people are talking with each other on who to kill they have a game plan and work the game plan out between them so on that assumption i would go with option 2

This is only my theory i have no hard facts and its open to scrutiny, i want to hear what you guys think

Fleas munch was bizzare to me as his posting style put him up for a lynch as much as anything he had a very weak startagey that he wanted us to lynch all players that voted for Shatt last night and we would win the game.

This was a poor strategy but maybe the warewolves were trying to push that people would jump on his death as a sign he was onto something and you have been pushing that line of thought most of the day.

My theory is you want to get Uriel over the line, then point to fleas strat as a reason he was killed and go after the shatter list of voters

1. Fleawuss was on to something with his vote strategy and the wolves killed him for it but leave themselves wide open for lynching

or

2. Fleawuss was on to nothing so they killed him to make it look like he was onto something which would cause major problems for us village if it exceeded

The wolves are talking in private between themselves for over a day now, the wolves know each other, so they dont have to worry about not trusting each other like we do.When 4 people are talking with each other on who to kill they have a game plan and work the game plan out between them so on that assumption i would go with option 2

This is only my theory i have no hard facts and its open to scrutiny, i want to hear what you guys think

They are two solid theories and most credible ones

There is a anoher possibility. They are role hunting, and trying to munch seer/witness/priest. I think this is unlikely as flea didn't give the vibe that he has a role but they saw something that He posted that indicated to them that he had a role.

Whaaaat? :confused::eek: he wasn't the only one to vote for me as set out in your own post earlier today, quoted for reference. Kylo Ren and El Hombre also voted for me....
    what is with the lies?

I am now convinced you are a wolf.
    Soz, my bad. Rushing around work. Flea wasn't the only one who voted for you, but he was the one with the strategy.

Very touchy for someone who says they're innocent. Jumping wildly to defend yourself.

Fleas munch was bizzare to me as his posting style put him up for a lynch as much as anything he had a very weak startagey that he wanted us to lynch all players that voted for Shatt last night and we would win the game.

This was a poor strategy but maybe the warewolves were trying to push that people would jump on his death as a sign he was onto something and you have been pushing that line of thought most of the day.

My theory is you want to get Uriel over the line, then point to fleas strat as a reason he was killed and go after the shatter list of voters
    My theory is that flea was on to something.

If for a moment we make a few assumptions and say that the wolves all voted together, then it is most likely that they all voted for Shatter. That means that the wolves potentially come from a pool of 8 - dob, andy, mick, uriel, mah, pooch, tritum and myself.

I'm ruling myself out as being a wolf, for obvious reasons as I'm innocent.

I have a gut feeling that Andy is innocent.

When I looked at who flea voted for, I thought that it was a revenge killing from uriel for suspecting him. And that flea got the boot over the other two who voted for uriel because he had theories and strategies.

I also have a feeling that uriel is scared. He thinks that flea was onto something. Perhaps flea had a role and uriel ran scared because his cover was being blown.

That's my rationale for voting for uriel tonight. I urge others to do the same, unless they can give reasons behind their choices (& thus convince me to vote for somebody else).

My name has come up, and I understand peoples concerns. I just don't want to see another vote wasted and another innocent member being killed because I have no doubt that Kersplat, Shatter and Flea were innocent. Which leaves the wolves with a major majority.

Anyone pushing the theory that 3-4 wolves managed to get them self on a vote list which was a landslide when there was loads of places to hide needs looking at.

Thats Slyvio and Andy a bit as he put the theory up as equal to the other side where in no way is it equal it would be extremely silly for the wolves to do it.

I think Flea was munched for misdirection on his list theory and we have 1 person pushing it Slyvio and I dont like Andy mentioning even if it was in a balanced post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I have not vote yes. Reason? Havent made my mind up yet. There is still a number of people who are very quiet today. This has me suspicious, as those Fleawuss posts, maybe he was onto something, I do not know. But the quiet members...hmmm, will see as time gets closer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I have not vote yes. = I have not voted yet.

Cant edit posts.

Anywyas I'll be voting Slyvio today and we should probably get a race going today. That landslide wasnt much good last night but its really hard keep track of the voting....

Is there anyway that table could be seen live Jayo?

My theory is that flea was on to something.

If for a moment we make a few assumptions and say that the wolves all voted together, then it is most likely that they all voted for Shatter. That means that the wolves potentially come from a pool of 8 - dob, andy, mick, uriel, mah, pooch, tritum and myself.

I'm ruling myself out as being a wolf, for obvious reasons as I'm innocent.

I have a gut feeling that Andy is innocent.

When I looked at who flea voted for, I thought that it was a revenge killing from uriel for suspecting him. And that flea got the boot over the other two who voted for uriel because he had theories and strategies.

I also have a feeling that uriel is scared. He thinks that flea was onto something. Perhaps flea had a role and uriel ran scared because his cover was being blown.

That's my rationale for voting for uriel tonight. I urge others to do the same, unless they can give reasons behind their choices (& thus convince me to vote for somebody else).

My name has come up, and I understand peoples concerns. I just don't want to see another vote wasted and another innocent member being killed because I have no doubt that Kersplat, Shatter and Flea were innocent. Which leaves the wolves with a major majority.

Sullivlo, I believe that your heart is in the right place, but your head is going down the wrong route if you think Fleawuss had some sort of plan which was grounded in reality.
    I'm pretty sure neither of you are wolves, and all ye're doing with this back and forth based on absolutely nothing is diverting attention away from people who are more likely to be wolves. As Uriel says, there are a lot of quiet people out there - content to lie in wait like wolves, interminably waiting....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Anywyas I'll be voting Slyvio today and we should probably get a race going today. That landslide wasnt much good last night but its really hard keep track of the voting....

Is there anyway that table could be seen live Jayo?

Nope, up to you guys to keep count in the thread.

18:45 MicksJaguar votes sullivlo

If ye can quote and edit this when ye put in a vote itd be an easy way to see who is voting who and when they vote

I'm going to vote for Persepoly for the moment, though if I get back on later, I could possibly be convinced to change my vote. (We can, right?)

This is based solely on her talking about being up early this morning to make sure she didn't miss the vote. And her repeatedly talking about the smell of others - silly or too clever by half, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

or

I think these are good theories but as you survived the night Andy I am still a little wary of you, conflicted!

I think these are good theories but as you survived the night Andy I am still a little wary of you, conflicted!

Which is understandable, i think i survived because alot of people suggested the witness follow me last night

I think we need to keep the active posters, as more posts will help us as to find wolves. The quiet posters wont help us much really, and there may be a wolf lurking there trying not to get noticed.

I think we need to keep the active posters, as more posts will help us as to find wolves. The quiet posters wont help us much really, and there may be a wolf lurking there trying not to get noticed.

There probably is, it wouldbe a good strategy, but not all wolves will be quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have been accused of being a wolf 4 times by Mahamageehad, 3 times by Sullivlo and when Boneyarsebogman chimed in, he was thanked by Mahamageehad and Sullivlo. This smacks of wolves circling!
    Should I not make it through the night, remember my words.

I will be voting for Mahamageehad unless there is agreement on someone else for the good of the village.

I pointed out 3 people on my hit list yesterday and changed my mind at the last minute as we needed to get a better picture of what was going on. I am moderating my view on Mahamageehad so tonight I am voting for Sullivlo

I don't think it follows that because wolves move in packs they will vote in packs, I suspect they are not so as not to draw attention to themselves.

Ive voted uriel. I had suspicions yesterday. Today the arguements hes made seem just a bit overdone.

Happy to be convinced otherwise but thats my vote for now

• Advertisement

Way i see it if the seer is active they know 2 by now. That may or may not include a wolf. If i was them (im not) id already be discretly pointing fingers- maybe twist a quote or two, gild the lilly.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement