Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf I - The Beginning | Completed - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Tigger wrote: »
    can we vote for ourselves
    the rules stated at the start that two abstains in a row mean a mod kill
    are you now changing the rules

You can vote for yourself and you can choose to miss a vote. Just if you miss two it's a modkill. Personally I see abstaining as a wee big game breaking so doing it on purpose kinda defeats the point. I can't stop it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

good point i was acually counting three wolves but that may not be the case
    i made a decision to play from the strategy that daz was a wolf last night

I was also running off Daz being a wolf, the strategy I posted earlier almost depends on it, but it still may be a bit of a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'm on the phone and on the move so finding it hard to follow. Sorry if I am being thick but what's the point of us abstaining (or voting for ourselves)? Happy to do it, if it's part of the game plan but not sure I can see reasoning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Before a decision is made for anybody to abstain the rest of us verified villager voters need to decided on who we're going to lynch. It's got to be a unanimous decision to ensure the 4 possible wolves don't win the vote.

3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. The game is too small to mod kill inactives.

9) If someone misses 2 votes in a row without a good reason they will be modkilled by me and replaced with a substitute.

Look, abstaining wasn't directly covered in the rules as it's never previously come up but I feel it's covered well enough in rule 3 for it to be deemed not a valid tactic.

• Advertisement

Remember if you vote for yourself that's one vote - 4 wolves could make that 5............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Jayop wrote: »
    You can vote for yourself and you can choose to miss a vote. Just if you miss two it's a modkill. Personally I see abstaining as a wee big game breaking so doing it on purpose kinda defeats the point. I can't stop it though.
    there are people calling each other out based on when they are online which is more game braking
    if we were really in a village i would see why only those that were confirmed villagers would be allowed vote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I think this talk of abstaining is wasting time. We should be agreeing on who to lynch from the suspects. Then agreeing on who to check with your last seer turn.

We can afford to kill a villager tonight, but if ye kill two in a row, it's game over. I just ran the chart. Gimme a few minutes and I'll finish running it and post.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Before a decision is made for anybody to abstain the rest of us verified villager voters need to decided on who we're going to lynch. It's got to be a unanimous decision to ensure the 4 possible wolves don't win the vote.
    ok well i've voted for golfer already but iwas waiting till the priest reveal

ABSTENTIONISM IS NOT PART OF THE GAME MECHANICS. PLEASE DROP THIS AND MOVE ON

• Advertisement

I am happy to vote golfer.

Any sign of the priest yet?

I think this talk of abstaining is wasting time. We should be agreeing on who to lynch from the suspects. Then agreeing on who to check with your last seer turn.

We can afford to kill a villager tonight, but if ye kill two in a row, it's game over. I just ran the chart. Gimme a few minutes and I'll finish running it and post.

it was acually a great idea
    tyhe rules stated that one vote miss was acceptable and i think its perfectlly in keeping with the witch trial not to allow ssuspects to vote

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It was agreed the priest would be seered.

Nothing on the lynching yet, apparently myself putting El Hom and Suffering forward is making me look dodgy.

Based on Fichealls ploy followed by Sufferings response to it, I think he is most definitely a wolf.

Jayop wrote: »
    ABSTENTIONISM IS NOT PART OF THE GAME MECHANICS. PLEASE DROP THIS AND MOVE ON
    ok
    two questions
    did someone complain

ok
    two questions
    did someone complain

Just myself

ok so can those i was discussing the vote with simply agree to follow a party whip system

it makes little or no difference to the MECHANIC but i thought that it was more in keeping with a village to simply ask suspects not to vote

so i assume we are all agreed that mamageehead is the party whip
    those not following the whip will be assumed to be wolves

ok so can those i was discussing the vote with simply agree to follow a party whip system

it makes little or no difference to the MECHANIC but i thought that it was more in keeping with a village to simply ask suspects not to vote

I have no idea what you mean by party whip system and why I'm a party whip?

I'm happy to go with that unless something substantial comes to light in the meantime. Like the priest showing his/her face!

I'll be logging off soon and probably won't be back until shortly before the vote. Hopefully we'll have a priest by then.

Essentially you strongly suggest what way we should vote.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Essentially you strongly suggest what way we should vote.
    he states which way we vote and those not toeing the line will be punished
    everybody just vote golfer as you have stated

• Advertisement

for the record God says a whip system is fine

Party whip ensures we all tow a particular line. I'm this case it's who we vote in the lynching. You're the seer, a position of more power than the rest of us. So you're the whip.

Oh, ok. I have already voted golfer. His reaction this morning was too strange. I would suggest others do the same. I am also logging off now, I have voted already but I might be back before then. It's my last night alive so I'm on the vino!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Party whip ensures we all tow a particular line. I'm this case it's who we vote in the lynching. You're the seer, a position of more power than the rest of us. So you're the whip.

Im happy enough with a whip system but id question if it will get a result. If villagers are incentivised to toe the line when theres already more confirmed villagers than wolves theres no reason to try to block it if your a wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I have half an hour and I need to be out of here. I was going to vote golfer, is this right then? I doubt I will get back on later.

To put it another way yesterdays vote wirkes (i think) because the wolves saw they had a shot at taking out andy.

Vite patterns yesterday are the best voting evidence yet combined with what we now know. All of a sudden el hombre voting for sullivlo and then andy at key points might make some sense for example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Just on the whole voting for yourself and deliberately abstaining from voting. I think neither should be allowed. We can not give the wolf team a help and I am very suss about folk that want to do either.

I am also suss if there is a landslide attack on one person with no other in the running, this would make me think we are hanging a villager. Need a race to get the most info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have to log off soon and may not be back before deadline. I have voted for golfer. Hope that is the right thing

what if i vote for mrsd for the laugh and then the wolves will have a shot
    especially with the early deadline

• Advertisement

what if i vote for mrsd for the laugh and then the wolves will have a shot
    especially with the early deadline

That would still leave just wolves votes short. There is a much riskier strategy- runbtwo suspected wolves (golfer and hombre). It would be dangerous though i think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement