Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf I - The Beginning | Completed - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems trusting SG's posts now? What's he trying to achieve with us thanking his post :D

Thanks all, was my first time playing anything like this, sorry I was a bit slow on the uptake, I think the finger pointing made me paranoid :o

The game put me completely on edge for the week - any time I had a RL conversation (not many, was in bed with the flu, so glad of this entertainment) my first thought was "Can I really trust this person? What do they gain from this?"

Of course, one could argue that's a plausible approach to life, but... yeah.. I'm not sure this is one of those games that's good for your social skills, especially when it's over such a prolonged period of time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

By the way jay, I don't know if you prefer to have this discuss this here or on the outside thread, but how did people think the format worked?

Personally I liked it and thought it was good format, but might tweek one or two of the rules/roles to mix it up a little, so like to see some suggestions. I have an idea or two, but I like to see what people think of the play.

I think it went well. Like I said I kept it very simple for the first game to let people grasp it easier. There's loads and loads of roles people can have and themed games are great too.

Personally I think every game should be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Sign me up for the next one!

I was following the game with interest and took the plunge when jayop was looking for a replacement for boney.

Even though I had followed it, it required a different level of attention (and suspicion) once I got involved.

Very enjoyable though. Thanks again, jayop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I have modded a good few games and would like to run one here. Format will be different and might post the rules etc to see what you all think.

Thanks for running that one, really enjoyed it!

We'll done village, we did great after a shaky start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Ficheall wrote: »
    I think it's time to out myself as the seer - don't think I'm surviving tonight.
    Suffering golfer and El Hombre are wolves, Tigger is a villager - follow his lead.
    I'm pretty sure Daz was a wolf. That's because I'm also the trainee :pac:
    My next suspicions are Vale and Flush, but I don't think I'll get to check them.
    Tigger wrote: »
    Ok so this was a lie

However if it was wrong it would t have worked as the wolves know who the wolves are
    So el hombre and golfer are wolves and we should Kill them

This is how we won
    Why did you write "I'm pretty sure "that went round and round in my head
    I discounted you as the apprentice
    If you had simply written daz was a wolf I know that because I'm the trainee I'd have known you were the trainee and wouldn't have had to worry about a fake trainee coming out and confusing the easily led and saving the seer check

I still think only letting me and my buddies vote was a great idea :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Hi guys I've been following this since the start and would love to be able to sign up for the next one if there's places available 😁

The game put me completely on edge for the week - any time I had a RL conversation (not many, was in bed with the flu, so glad of this entertainment) my first thought was "Can I really trust this person? What do they gain from this?"

Of course, one could argue that's a plausible approach to life, but... yeah.. I'm not sure this is one of those games that's good for your social skills, especially when it's over such a prolonged period of time :P
    You have to have a character I think otherwise you get too immersed.

I have modded a good few games and would like to run one here. Format will be different and might post the rules etc to see what you all think.

Thanks for running that one, really enjoyed it!

LOL :pac:

This is how we won
    Why did you write "I'm pretty sure "that went round and round in my head
    I discounted you as the apprentice
    If you had simply written daz was a wolf I know that because I'm the trainee I'd have known you were the trainee and wouldn't have had to worry about a fake trainee coming out and confusing the easily led and saving the seer check
    Yes, that was a mistake. Apologies.
    Though I thought I'd already outed myself to maha a page or two before when I stated that "Daz was lynched, deserevedly."
    Still - ye picked up the important part and played perfectly :)
    Also, I was safe in the knowledge that on the offchance I was wrong, the seer would realise what I was up to and would clarify the situation when it was beneficial.

And I'm pretty sure that ignoring the trainee role entirely, you would have been fine.

Props to DS for his math!

You have to have a character I think otherwise you get too immersed.
    Yeah, I realised eventually that that's what you were doing. For a while I just thought you were on a helluva lot medication :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yeah, I realised eventually that that's what you were doing. For a while I just thought you were on a helluva lot medication :P

Oh 'medication' now is it? Softened a little from cocaine. :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

This was very much the penny dropping moment for me! I suspected you were one of the good guys and when you posted this I remembered a very strong post from you defending Sullivlo the night I said I was going to vote for her, with MicksJaguar, and that was my final acceptance that we needed to trust the seer and Andy and probably Tigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Only just getting a final check in now
    Well done to ficheal and geehead (lol)
    Both of whom I think sealed the game, but plenty of others had a bug part in steering things in the right direction (Andy, t{r) igger)

Thanks Jayop that was certainly entertaining

Oh 'medication' now is it? Softened a little from cocaine. :pac::D
    Oh that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

I think the game could get very predictable once it has been played so it needs new blood to make it viable. It was very interesting as an experience of old school gaming and the dead thread kept interest in it. A lot of work for Jayop so well done and thanks. I know my play early on was controversial but it clarfifed / polarized things. Didn't pay much heed to the role tbh! The wolves were sold a dummy right at the end which was a brilliant bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Uriel. wrote: »
    Only just getting a final check in now
    Well done to ficheal and geehead (lol)
    Both of whom I think sealed the game, but plenty of others had a bug part in steering things in the right direction (Andy, t{r) igger)

Thanks Jayop that was certainly entertaining

Don't forget the likes of tritium and Digital Solitude who were quietly talking plenty of sense outside the spotlight. Poor DS, nothing he did could ever gain him a little bit of trust and acceptance.

Sorry, forgot to add to my final mod message, thanks to everyone who played, and a special thanks to the guys who jumped in to help when I needed new players. You all made the game by playing it properly.

Also Tigger is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Don't forget the likes of tritium and Digital Solitude who were quietly talking plenty of sense outside the spotlight. Poor DS, nothing he did could ever gain him a little bit of trust and acceptance.

Yea was well played by all once we started to work together the wolves had no chance as seen by how early we got them all

Jayop wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to add to my final mod message, thanks to everyone who played, and a special thanks to the guys who jumped in to help when I needed new players. You all made the game by playing it properly.

Also Tigger is nuts.

CEvdGZAWMAAFd6P.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That was a great game. Absolutely riveting over the past few days. I'd love to play but unfortunately I'd be terrible. Lol.

Well played everyone. Almost fell outta bed this morning when Jay joked about Tigger getting lynched!!

Dead room was great fun - thank you to its inhabitants - I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't vent to ye there.
    Wolf room makes for an interesting read, some nice theory that I'm sure will be used again.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    That was a great game. Absolutely riveting over the past few days. I'd love to play but unfortunately I'd be terrible. Lol.

Well played everyone. Almost fell outta bed this morning when Jay joked about Tigger getting lynched!!

You can't be any worse than some of this lot. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Well that was good fun. Cheers everyone :)

To be honest, I still think DS is a wolf...

Dead room was great fun - thank you to its inhabitants - I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't vent to ye there.
    Wolf room makes for an interesting read, some nice theory that I'm sure will be used again.

Yeah I love the dead room. Always great fun.

Well that was good fun. Cheers everyone :)
    You were highly entertaining. And kudos on kylo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Kinda feel cheated i didnt get to hang el hombre :(

That was great fun. Thanks to all for making it that way and for not lynching me because of my crapness :p

At one point I didn't trust any of you apart from Tigger. Even when Valeyard had been outed and was trying to convince us otherwise I couldn't help but wonder 'perhaps he's right'. That's how duplicitous the whole thing felt.

I would be happy to give another one a shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Props to DS for his math!

It's nice to do maths that isn't calculus and physics :D Missed a bit of logical problem solving.

You were the trainee then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

To be honest, I still think DS is a wolf...

*grrrrrrrr*

• Advertisement

It's nice to do maths that isn't calculus and physics biggrin.png Missed a bit of logical problem solving.

You were the trainee then?

Aye.

I thought Sulli had shafted me when she listed her suspected wolves and said she thought a wolf was probably the trainee... but everyone seemed to completely forget about that not long after!
    sullivlo wrote: »
    Bless me father for I have sinned. A phrase I hear frequently. I suspect that I have unfortunately trained a wolf.

My suspicions for wolves are
    Poochie, mick, ficheal and potentially magh.

Tigger needs to be investigated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement