Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf I - The Beginning | Completed - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

tritium wrote: »
    Youll be first for the noose, villager or not, after the dance you led us on this round :)

And if I'm the seer, that's a terrible, terrible, idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

And if I'm the seer, that's a terrible, terrible, idea.

Fair play, Vale. You played a stormer.

crosstownk wrote: »

Thanks.

It's not often I get to play the bad guy. Was enjoyable.

Well done to you also.

Thanks.

Well done to you also.

Thanks. I'd been following the game but once I joined in it was a different ball game. It took me a while to really get up to speed as I'd never participated in anything like this before.

The few beers last night probably didn't help either and I mis read a post or two thanks to mates at the bar constantly telling me to 'put that fcuking phone down'!

Great to have done it and I'm looking forward to doing another!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Was a pleasure to watch your performance the last couple of days of the game. Almost too compelling to want to lynch (sorry hombre i was for stringing you up first just to keep the show on the road)

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »
    Was a pleasure to watch your performance the last couple of days of the game. Almost too compelling to want to lynch (sorry hombre i was for stringing you up first just to keep the show on the road)

Ah sure, I had to keep it going for as long as possible. :D

You never know, could have been a slim chance of convincing enough people to vote another way and get two more days out of it, but sure, we were dead, ye had it won, well played. Best to end it, rest, then start again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

crosstownk wrote: »

And refused to go down without a fight... Yap yap yap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I think he was inferring that you aren't great at the aul game or so I read.

That is a pretty dickish comment thanks.

Below is an OP from a game I designed a couple of years back.

Werewolf XXX
    Welcome to the 26 players that have signed up for the 30th edition of Werewolf.

Ground Rules
    Daytime will run from 9.15am to 9.15pm
    The thread will reopen for about 10 minutes once the result of the lynch is announced
    Nightime will begin at approx 9.30pm when the thread closes
    Werewolves may only PM each other during the nightime phase
    There will be no weekend phase and there will be a lynch each night
    Players must make a legitimate vote every day, and may not vote for 'No Lynch'
    In order to vote, please put the name of the person you want to lynch in Bold. If using a phone or proxy, and you can't bold, please type in HTML code {b} {/b} and put the person's name inside the brackets in order to cast your vote (replace curly brackets with square brackets) If your intention to vote is clear, and it's spotted, then your vote will count
    In the event of a tie in the lynch voting, voting will reopen for another 15 minutes to see if a decision can be reached. If after 15 minutes there is still no outright winner, then the person who held the most votes before the tie was announced will be lynched.
    Information regarding peeks will be given to players by PM as soon as we possibly can. Once we're online, and we receive a PM from a player with a special role, we'll relay the information to them
    There is to be no editing of posts for any reason
    Players may be replaced or modkilled if they are inactive in the game for one reason or another
    Can live or dead players please refrain from posting in the elsewhere whether you think it's a 'nothing' comment or not. There's always info that's given away
    There is to be no posting by dead players. Dead players may not PM anyone else in the game nor have any further active involvement in the game
    We reserve the right to add or alter rules should we feel it's in the games best interests
    If we make a mistake or make a slip, don't berate us for it on the thread, it's only a game!
    Would be great if you could copy us on all game PMs (werewolf/seer group etc) It's always fun to follow the game from a mod point of view
    Most importantly, both Mod1/Mod2 must be copied on all game PMs. If only 1 of us receive a PM, there's a likelyhood that the peek/munch etc may not be carried out

Roles

1 x Seer
    1 x Guardian Angel
    1 x Vigilante
    1 x Dr Nick
    6 x Werewolves
    16 x Villagers

The Seer has the ability to peek. Each night (incl tonight) he may submit the name of 1 person, and that persons role in the game will be revealed to him. If the seer does not submit his peek during the night time phase, he will not receive a peek

The Guardian Angel can protect a player every night. This protected player cannot be eaten by the werewolves. The guardian angel cannot protect himself. If the guardian angel protects a player that is targeted by the vigilante, the protected player still dies and the guardian angel loses his power to protect.

The Vigilante has 2 bullets which he may use on any night (0, 1 or 2 can be used each night until all his bullets are gone). He needs to PM us with the name of the person he wishes to kill, and then that person will be revealed as dead the following morning. Once his bullets are used up, he will revert to a villager role. If the vigilante attempts to assassinate a werewolf on the same night that the werewolves kill him, the assassination attempt will be unsuccessful

Dr Nick can choose to inject 1 person with a special medicine on one night. If the werewolves attack that person, they won't die. However, if the werewolves fail to attack the injected player, that person will die that night.

The Werewolves all know each other but may only PM at night. There is no alpha werewolf so each werewolf has equal power. In the event of a dispute relating to the munch, the last PM received from a werewolf will be treated as the munch PM. If no PM is received, there will be no munch.

Villagers have no special roles. They must try and hunt out the werewolves. They may PM at night

Players

Ok, there are roles I would not have in a game early on, but just to show you something different. I think a basic game with the Seer, the Vig (gives great craic with terribad shootings!) and a WW team would be a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

That is a pretty dickish comment thanks.
    did you read the "dead" forum?

i'm sure i'd enjoy a more complex version but for a first go it was confusing enough

• Advertisement

The dead room did make for some interesting reading I must say. I noticed Mrs Flushdraw's comment all right.

Fitchell I was partly playing dumb and partly lost :p

Yeah and I do a lot of amphetaimines
    I mean a lot
    I find it keeps me on point

Vh-Funny-Charlie-Sheen-Tiger-Blood.jpeg

We will know after the kill has been told if you are telling the truth or not. Geehead will either be a dead seer or a live wolf.

"We will know after the kill has been told if you are telling the truth or not. Geehead will either be a dead seer or a live wolf."

FLUSH! Aa-aah! Saviour of the Universe!
    FLUSH! Aa-aah! She'll save every one of us!

I didn't think for one second she was not the seer! was just in case a wolf changed the vote in case they thought they would incriminate the seer if gee was still alive.

So your comment is crap sir!

"We will know after the kill has been told if you are telling the truth or not. Geehead will either be a dead seer or a live wolf."

FLUSH! Aa-aah! Saviour of the Universe!
    FLUSH! Aa-aah! She'll save every one of us!

I didn't think for one second she was not the seer! was just in case a wolf changed the vote in case they thought they would incriminate the seer if gee was still alive.

So your comment is crap sir!

Have you read all the thread yet ?

This talking on the internet thing is weird
    On boards I'm tigger and some people know who I am but mainly its annonomous
    Then there is Facebook where I use my own name but on other forums similar to boards I always use different names so that each of my personas gets their own little life .

Read the dead thread. Got to say Ficheal you really are some cnut. I can not believe the amount of times you ripped me to bits in that thread.

Out of the 32 times I was mentioned I think you were 95% of them and saying something nasty. You seemed to have a bee in your bonnet from the start.

Just on ww play. I do not mind looking wolfy as you get to last longer in the game. The wolves leave you because they think they can pin it on you.

I stand by my comment about the rules, I found the game not as much fun based on the rules and found a game running 24/7 harder to keep up with.

Tigger wrote: »
    Have you read all the thread yet ?

yes

Read the dead thread. Got to say Ficheal you really are some cnut. I can not believe the amount of times you ripped me to bits in that thread.

Out of the 32 times I was mentioned I think you were 95% of them and saying something nasty. You seemed to have a bee in your bonnet from the start.

Just on ww play. I do not mind looking wolfy as you get to last longer in the game. The wolves leave you because they think they can pin it on you.

I stand by my comment about the rules, I found the game not as much fun based on the rules and found a game running 24/7 harder to keep up with.
    i would have been hare for me ant pphone to keepup thop
    what wit me being out of it all the timme and pphone being the mayor and all
    i thibnk most people af=gree tyhat the game was fun and when weplay your way it will be alsofun

Tigger wrote: »
    i would have been hare for me ant pphone to keepup thop
    what wit me being out of it all the timme and pphone being the mayor and all
    i thibnk most people af=gree tyhat the game was fun and when weplay your way it will be alsofun

Have you gone back in to character? :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So, could we nail down a date for WW2? Maybe Monday, 5th September.

I'll go with whatever format the mod likes. I did like (from a lurker's point of view, of course, since I wasn't playing) that play continued 24 hours day, as people with busy lives may not be able to commit to a certain period in a day when they can promise to be available. And it meant that there were always new posts to read.

Some of the extra roles, eg, vigilante that MrsFlush mentioend might be interesting to work in. But if WW1 was the game in its simplest format then can I suggest that complications get added to WW2, only gradually. I think most of us who played or lurked are new to this, so baby-steps requested, please.

To Mollyb60 and anyone else reluctant to join in because you think you'd be crap, please don't let that put you off. If you've read the Dead Room, you'll see I was pretty crap too, and that was with the added advantages the DR gave me (sorry, again Ficheall and Persopoly for suspecting you :) ), so I think playing the game will take all sorts and it really doesn't matter - it's worth trying. I'll certainly be happy to give it a shot and see it through from a player's point of view even if I end up with innocent villager blood on my hands! :)

• Advertisement

You slagged off the somewhere you thought might be privatem didnt contributr after signing up and now are giving others ****,

what you did some both sneaky and one who thinks they are above things, what u said was poor form on jayo and anyone who played the game..

You called out a poster being a c, but ur actions have shown u to be 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Come on now. If this decends into name calling after the fecking game we'll not be allowed another.

You slagged off the somewhere you thought might be privatem didnt contributr after signing up and now are giving others ****,

what you did some both sneaky and one who thinks they are above things, what u said was poor form on jayo and anyone who played the game..

You called out a poster being a c, but ur actions have shown u to be 2

Excuse me? I didn't contribute? I think you will find I posted regular.
    I said I didn't like the different rules, the stuff Ficheal said about me in a private dead thread was pretty crap. No idea how you think it was sneaky.

Anyway, can see where not welcome. good luck!

To be fair,

In the Wolf room I took joy in the deceit, lies, and picking people off to munch on. So dont take it to heart :)

Like anyone passing comments on me in the dead room, I do not take it personally.

quickbeam wrote: »
    So, could we nail down a date for WW2? Maybe Monday, 5th September.

To Mollyb60 and anyone else reluctant to join in because you think you'd be crap, please don't let that put you off.

Yep, don't worry about being crap. Once you're involved the learning curve is huge.

I was pretty crap but on reflection I can see where I fcuked up and would hope that I can improve having learned from my novice mistakes.

Excuse me? I didn't contribute? I think you will find I posted regular.
    I said I didn't like the different rules, the stuff Ficheal said about me in a private dead thread was pretty crap. No idea how you think it was sneaky.

Anyway, can see where not welcome. good luck!

Ah no. I was a crap contributor! It was my first time and I really had no clue. Reading some of the posts in the Dead Forum did make me feel a little silly and I thought jaysus was I really that bad. But you know what? That feeling passed pretty quick because it's just a game and if I was posting In that forum then I would give my opinions too.

Lets not call each other cnuts and let's not take things to heart. It's all just a bit of fun.

Lets not call each other cnuts and let's not take things to heart. It's all just a bit of fun.

Well said.

everyone relax, its a game, not AH :D

Ah no. I was a crap contributor! It was my first time and I really had no clue. Reading some of the posts in the Dead Forum did make me feel a little silly and I thought jaysus was I really that bad. But you know what? That feeling passed pretty quick because it's just a game and if I was posting In that forum then I would give my opinions too.

The odd thing ok, but there were 32 comments about me and nearly all by the one person. Basically being nasty. I have played the game loads but never experienced that sort of sh1t before and it is just not nice.

Ficheall just seemed to have it in for me and was constantly digging at me. He thought he knew what I was trying to say better than me but was wrong.
    I can take a bit of banter but I don't like people being nasty.

Yes, Dobby wrote about the game in another forum, and yes I said I hated the rules.
    I am sorry if Jayop was offended by my comment as he did a great job. He did a great job modding. It was not his fault I did not like all the rules.

It is a shame this happened in the first game as I was planning to co-mod one with someone as it helps to have 2 mods at times. I did like the format of the dead/wolf chat which was much better than the way I saw it before. It was done using PM's before and this was pretty cool. But by the time I saw this the game was over.

One thing I would like to suggest which can really make the game exciting is that the voting is done on the thread, and you can change it as often as you want up to the lynch deadline. The fun as it gets to the last five minutes when someone announces they are the seer and panic sets in to change votes is good craic and you can get good info with voting patterns and timings.

Another thing, is we used to insist people set their profile to invisible as there is angleshooting where people are watching you to see what you are doing. Someone made a few comments about people being on the forum and not posting.

Anyway it is your game, just a couple of things I had planned to say for future games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I think I said in the OP that people need to not take stuff to heart. Yes in the dead room people playing will be slagged off. Tbf that's part of the fun of it and it will happen if you have a commentary thread going. Be sure that I'll get plenty of abuse in the next one and I'll laugh it off.

As for voting in thread, I see the positives of it, however from a mod point of view it's just too much work to Wade through a fill day of posts, several hundred to find the votes. The form gives me the votes instantly and all I need to do is delete the old ones and then format them. I also think it allows the wolf team more scope for sneakyness, and finally it builds the tension in the event of a close vote. That didn't really happen in this game but does happen frequently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement