Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf I - The Beginning | Completed - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

Read the dead thread. Got to say Ficheal you really are some cnut. I can not believe the amount of times you ripped me to bits in that thread.

Out of the 32 times I was mentioned I think you were 95% of them and saying something nasty. You seemed to have a bee in your bonnet from the start.

Just on ww play. I do not mind looking wolfy as you get to last longer in the game. The wolves leave you because they think they can pin it on you.

I stand by my comment about the rules, I found the game not as much fun based on the rules and found a game running 24/7 harder to keep up with.

Maybe you shouldn't have collaborated with dobman on another forum then? I consider this cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Maybe you shouldn't have collaborated with dobman on another forum then? I consider this cheating.

Tbf what I read MrsFlushdraw didn't reveal her role in the other forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

To be fair,

In the Wolf room I took joy in the deceit, lies, and picking people off to munch on. So dont take it to heart :)

Like anyone passing comments on me in the dead room, I do not take it personally.

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about
    Oscar Wilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Tigger wrote: »
    The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about
    Oscar Wilde

True.

But,

I still want you dead.

The odd thing ok, but there were 32 comments about me and nearly all by the one person. Basically being nasty. I have played the game loads but never experienced that sort of sh1t before and it is just not nice.

Ficheall just seemed to have it in for me and was constantly digging at me. He thought he knew what I was trying to say better than me but was wrong.
    I can take a bit of banter but I don't like people being nasty.

Yes, Dobby wrote about the game in another forum, and yes I said I hated the rules.
    I am sorry if Jayop was offended by my comment as he did a great job. He did a great job modding. It was not his fault I did not like all the rules.

It is a shame this happened in the first game as I was planning to co-mod one with someone as it helps to have 2 mods at times. I did like the format of the dead/wolf chat which was much better than the way I saw it before. It was done using PM's before and this was pretty cool. But by the time I saw this the game was over.

One thing I would like to suggest which can really make the game exciting is that the voting is done on the thread, and you can change it as often as you want up to the lynch deadline. The fun as it gets to the last five minutes when someone announces they are the seer and panic sets in to change votes is good craic and you can get good info with voting patterns and timings.

Another thing, is we used to insist people set their profile to invisible as there is angleshooting where people are watching you to see what you are doing. Someone made a few comments about people being on the forum and not posting.

Anyway it is your game, just a couple of things I had planned to say for future games.

I agree all players should set their profiles to private as people can see what they are doing otherwise
    I did this as soon as I realised it put me at a disadvantage

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Tbf what I read MrsFlushdraw didn't reveal her role in the other forum.

I wholeheartedly take it back then. Apologies:o

I wholeheartedly take it back then. Apologies:o

Fair play for that. Hopefully she'll read it and accept it.

I'll speak to Tom Dunne tomorrow if he's cool with it and see what we can do about getting ready for a new game. Would be nice to get another going in a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'm kind of surprised to see the sniping post game, I haven't read back through the dead room again but I don't think anyone was being singled out and given hard time in a particularly nasty way.

I think it's important to remember the RPG nature of the game, and GAME being the important phrase.

I would hate to think that there would be animosity emanating from every game spilling over into the rest of boards or RL.

Every participant takes part in a different way , posts in different ways, at different times and contributes in different ways and to different volumes and schedules depending ontheir RL commitments.

I think it is important to recognise this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Whats said in game (and dead room etc) should probably stay in game tbh. Looking through them is fun and there are definitely 'duh' moments for first timers like me. Equally though i dont think anyone in the dead room would claim to have read the game perfectly. Half the fun of the readback is seeing if they were thrown at the same points i was.

Great fun, but still a game thats over now so not worth dwelling too much on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Yeah, I was thinking of putting up the sign up sheet on fri 2nd on AH with the aim of kicking off the game on Monday 5th.

I am still mulling over some ideas for role changes/variations as want to keep the game balanced to have the village and ww fair chances of winning. I like some of the stuff on MrsFD post such as guardan Angel role to replace witness role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Yeah, I was thinking of putting up the sign up sheet on fri 2nd on AH with the aim of kicking off the game on Monday 5th.

I am still mulling over some ideas for role changes/variations as want to keep the game balanced to have the village and ww fair chances of winning. I like some of the stuff on MrsFD post such as guardan Angel role to replace witness role.

Id be up for that if folks will have me on board again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

tritium wrote: »
    Id be up for that if folks will have me on board again

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Can I book a place early? :)

Me also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I found the game great Craic, but I'd defo want to sit the next one out. I think I did ok for my first time, but reading back through the wolf and dead threads I missed a lot. It's just much more time consuming than I thought it would be, I'm a read every post kinda person. Defo want access to the spectator thread next time round though. Well done all.

Mememememememememeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

I'll probably be awful and go out in a blaze of terrible glory but I'm definitely up for the next game!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yikes, people are getting their slots in early! I'd better request my slot too then, in case it fills up too quickly. You might not need the AH sign-up thread at this rate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Me three

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Apologies to Flush for being overly harsh - I spent most of the week on this thread and perhaps took it a little too seriously, and found it a bit stressful when she (and others) looked like they were trying to make the wolves win - I did not realise they were implementing some master strategy. I even suggested Tig was an idiot or on cocaine at various points, and he was without a doubt one of the best players in the game.
    So no offence meant, Flush, and I look forward to seeing more of your excellent play in the future.

Thank you again, Jay - you did an excellent job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Count me in if there's a slot available.

Let's see if I learnt anything :pac:

Dont forget little old harmless me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Stick me down for this.

Inski..... Going to play it quite next time going to last 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 16,874 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Stick me down for a post if there room

Well you know I'm down for it.

There's literally hundreds of roles that you can use if you Google them. The trick is to keep it balanced.

A couple of things I had saved that I thought were funny.

Shatterproof nails two wolfs out of three guesses in the first turn.
    I've cracked it.....i know who's who , its all down to anagrams , just 1 more wolf to find....

first of all I can rule out

persepoly - sopy leper
    boneyarsebogman - maybe bang sooner

these 3 are just simple village folk who are no threat to others ( note the word simple !!!)

the dazzler - alerted zzh
    dobman88 - nomad b88
    mahamageehad - he age madam ha

and finally 3 of the wolves are :

suffering golfer - ros feeling gruff
    the valeyard - deathly rave
    digital solitude - guilt also tidied

Cue some panic in the wolf forum.
    ****. Shatterproof guessed two of us. It's a bit odd. What is the strategy we should be doing?

Liked this from El Hombre as a reason to vote for boneyarebogman
    El Hombre wrote:
    Btw I voted boneyarsebogman to be lynched, may as well no meat on him going by his name :P

Award for being as obvious as feck goes to Sullivlo who managed to mention her role three times in the first 9 posts. I couldn’t believe the wolves led by an experienced player in Suffering Golfer didn’t notice this.
    sullivlo wrote: »
    Doesn't the priest know the identity of the dead person, villager, wolf etc?
    Is that what the bible says, Father?
    Lets speculate on what role Kersplat played.

Was he a wolf? A villager? The priest???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Haha... Only the second is obvious, but when you know the roles you know what to look for. The paronia sinks in very quickly and you think every second post you make screams wolf.

That was my mistake actually, I was more focused on looking for posts that I could use to make someone look dodgy and trying to get a feel for the villiage mood.

Haha... Only the second is obvious, but when you know the roles you know what to look for. The paronia sinks in very quickly and you think every second post you make screams wolf.

That was my mistake actually, I was more focused on looking for posts that I could use to make someone look dodgy and trying to get a feel for the villiage mood.

Sometimes when a player gets a role for the first time they either consciously or subconsciously mention the role over and over in the thread.

Like you say though it's all so obvious when you know what to look for.

• Advertisement

First time playing, so I just went with the flow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement