Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warrant out for John Delaney and 5 others in Brazil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,947 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

How is this not getting more coverage!!!

How is this not getting more coverage!!!

It's on the Times, Indo and RTE websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not many things brighten up the Sunday night fear than the idea of John Delaney in a Brazilian prison.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Doesn't seem like he's in Brasil so unlikely to come to much unfortunately.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hickey throwing everyone under the bus :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Himself and Hickey are two peas in a pod. No interest in doing what's best for the sport, only in it for the power and wealth. Delighted he's been dragged into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I presume an International arrest warrant will be issued if they can't locate him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ah hes a decent olde skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great day for Irish football.

Himself and Hickey are two peas in a pod. No interest in doing what's best for the sport, only in it for the power and wealth. Delighted he's been dragged into this.

Here here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wherever power is to be found in this country you can be sure the stench of sleaze is not too far behind.

Our neghbours are enjoying their most successful Olympics in a hundred years while the OCI President going into the Games is sitting in a Brazilian jail and the police want to speak to the head of our football association. You couldn't make this sh*t up. And the sad part is, who really thinks any good will come out of any of this? Because I won't be holding my breath.

Wherever power is to be found in this country you can be sure the stench of sleaze is not too far behind.

Our neghbours are enjoying their most successful Olympics in a hundred years while the OCI President is sitting in a Brazilian jail and the police want to speak to the head of our football association. You couldn't make this sh*t up. And the sad part is, who really thinks any good will come out of any of this? Because I won't be holding my breath.

Another report will be written, "lessons will be learned", and another two Gombeens will be elected to run the OCI and the FAI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Another report will be written, "lessons will be learned", and another two Gombeens will be elected to run the OCI and the FAI.

I think you're being optimistic that the two won't continue on with their jobs.

SantryRed wrote: »

If guilty Hickeys position would be untenable. Taxpayers fund the IOC quite heavily.

SantryRed wrote: »

You're right. Guys like this in Ireland who are caught with their metaphorical pants down usually don't have the good grace, or sense, to step aside.

They'll brass neck it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I hope this will be fantastic news, sadly history tells me it might be not so easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Delighted :D

Our neghbours are enjoying their most successful Olympics in a hundred years while the OCI President going into the Games is sitting in a Brazilian jail and the police want to speak to the head of our football association. You couldn't make this sh*t up. And the sad part is, who really thinks any good will come out of any of this? Because I won't be holding my breath.

As someone just posted on Twitter.

If this Olympics gets rid of Hickey from the OCI and Delaney from the FAI, it will be our most successful Olympics ever.

... greed and corruption at every turn.

Government, charities, major sport organisations.

Is there anything sacred?

Only a matter a time before the special Olympics are under the microscope too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'm sure a certain high profile official associated with GB is as dubious as any of them, merely better at staying a step ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I think Irish football has a new problem child. Fantastic news.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

It's a pity that it takes a country corrupt to the hilt to expose the senior sports management crooks on our shores.

glued wrote: »
    It's a pity that it takes a country corrupt to the hilt to expose the senior sports management crooks on our shores.

At least they impeach their corrupt leaders.

When have we here ever done that?

glued wrote: »

It's fantastic tbh.

I have a feeling this isn't the end of it!

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote:

Aye. If Delaney is in the mix, maybe Bertie is too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Awesome news. Any chance we have an extradition treaty with Brazil? :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Awesome news. Any chance we have an extradition treaty with Brazil? :P

We don't unfortunately.
    Aye. If Delaney is in the mix, maybe Bertie is too.

Who knows. But it would not surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I was looking forward to meeting him in Belgrade shortly.

Not unless Belgrade is slang for prison showers you won't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's fantastic tbh.

Pat Hickey is naming everyone within the OCI,even Sonia O' Sullivan is part of it.Not saying she had anything to do with what went on but I'm sure they'll all have to answer some questions.The Brazilian's will follow the trail of tickets and uncover anyone that had any dealings with them.
    Odd how Delaney avoided going to Brazil this year considering he'd normally be stuck to Hickey's hip at such an event.

Thanks to Brazilian football legend Romario,we are finally seeing something being done: http://www.balls.ie/olympics/pat-hickey-romario/343171

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My post from elsewhere on boards, you can see how close Pat and John are, Pat even tipping John to take over from him.

https://twitter.com/saoirse161616/status/767465886445891584

Look at the two...

https://twitter.com/StevieGrainger/status/765860882891022336

and again, but they aren't laughing now...

https://twitter.com/colinfbehan/status/767468294936879105

I think this plan has gone up in smoke.

https://twitter.com/kevinlydon1/status/763883471383191552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

We don't unfortunately.

Who knows. But it would not surprise.

Jd and pat we might get, but bertie is the most slimey cretin to ever disgrace the face of Irish politics (aside from his mentor maybd). We'll never lay a finger on him unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Think the agreement is only if its recognised that a crime has been committed in both countries it said on twitter

#justiceforjohn

I'm sure a certain high profile official associated with GB is as dubious as any of them, merely better at staying a step ahead.

There has been a stench about him for years and no matter how hard he tries to run away, it still follows him.

The truth will out in his case.

• Advertisement

There has been a stench about him for years and no matter how hard he tries to run away, it still follows him.

The truth will out in his case.

Is it some type of BO problem he has ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

zerks wrote: »
    Odd how Delaney avoided going to Brazil this year considering he'd normally be stuck to Hickey's hip at such an event.

The missus probably didn't want him to get the Zika

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I'm very happy right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Hope St. Pats release another statement :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lets hope some pressure comes on Delaney to go out to Brazil to answer the detectives questions. Not that he will or anything, but it would be nice to see him squirm out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sunday evenings are usually grim, but by God this is fantastic news! This will hopefully be the end of John Delaney, but unfortunately one of his little puppets are ready in his shadow to step up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pat Hickey has obviously created the atmosphere in which John Delaney can be questioned by Brazilian authorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think Fran Gavin and FAI deserve great credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How funny would it be to see Delaney banged up in Brazil !!

He'd probably buy everyone in the prison and drink and then be the bee's knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Lovely Bloke is Dear Leader.

He had a room booked in Rio that he mysteriously never checked in to.

He was at that meeting last night (5 hours) in Earlsfort Terrace.

It's funny enough to hear his name as being a Wanted Man in Brazil, but I've no doubt he'll find some way to squirm and dodge questions here in little ol' Oirland.

Up to their oxters lads, up to their oxters.

john-delaney-10-390x285.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement