Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form to request to view scripts

Options
  • 21-08-2016 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have somehow lost the form you need to request to view the scripts.. Would it still be possible for me to view them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact your school's Exam Secretary tomorrow. They may have some blanks.
    AFAIK the deadline to get the forms in is Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

I'm repeating next year but I have decided to view my papers. Spurious do you have any advice on what I should be looking for when viewing the papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

daraghwal wrote: »
    I'm repeating next year but I have decided to view my papers. Spurious do you have any advice on what I should be looking for when viewing the papers?

Check that your marks add up to the correct total. Go through each question to check whether you got the correct marks and that am answer wasn't missed. Add each question's marks to make sure the subtotals are correct. Be careful not to add in extra questions (where you had a choice of questions).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get a teacher to have a look with you. Ideally one who has corrected and understand the various symbols. Most schools will have some staff who are coming in unpaid to help.
    • First check that the marks on the cover correspond to the marks inside beside each question.
    • Check that they tot up to the total you have been given.
    • Then look at individual questions.
    • See in the marking scheme was marks were going for what things and see if you had or did not have them.
    • If you find a discrepancy, take a note of the question number and part number, so that you can say, for example, 'In q.2 part(v), marking scheme looks for 'blue clouds' and I gave the answer 'blue clouds' and it was not given marks'.
    • Marks in square brackets [x] are marks that were given to a question or part of a question but not counted, as it was an extra part, or a wrong combination choice. Be careful not to add them to your total.

If it has been marked in red and green biro, it has already been double checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

spurious wrote: »
    Get a teacher to have a look with you. Ideally one who has corrected and understand the various symbols. Most schools will have some staff who are coming in unpaid to help.
    • First check that the marks on the cover correspond to the marks inside beside each question.
    • Check that they tot up to the total you have been given.
    • Then look at individual questions.
    • See in the marking scheme was marks were going for what things and see if you had or did not have them.
    • If you find a discrepancy, take a note of the question number and part number, so that you can say, for example, 'In q.2 part(v), marking scheme looks for 'blue clouds' and I gave the answer 'blue clouds' and it was not given marks'.
    • Marks in square brackets [x] are marks that were given to a question or part of a question but not counted, as it was an extra part, or a wrong combination choice. Be careful not to add them to your total.

If it has been marked in red and green biro, it has already been double checked.

Thanks for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ask your teacher or, if unavailable, another teacher of that subject (ideally, a teacher who has examined in that subject).

Note "ask" ... don't simply wander in and expect all your teachers to be lined up in a row for two days (unpaid extra duty) waiting to serve you when you swan in! :p

Often schools will have a system to facilitate this, sometimes they will just take a list of students who would like Ms. Agsciteacher to view their scripts with them, or they will pass on names and tel. numbers for Ms. A. to contact, or whatever.

If you don't have a way of contacting the relevant teacher(s) directly, just ask the school what the normal procedure in your school is.

Advertisement