Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement driving licence .... Paper or card?

• 21-08-2016 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, i've lost my driving licence and need to apply for a replacement ... It's not due to expire till 2019 . Will i get a paper licence or the new credit card size licence ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

A card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

It will be a card. Don't think there is the option of a paper one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

I thought i heard it a while back that a card version will only be issued if the current licence is within 6 months of renewal .... And if not, then the pink paper version is issued ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I thought i heard it a while back that a card version will only be issued if the current licence is within 6 months of renewal .... And if not, then the pink paper version is issued ?

You heard wrong. Paper licences are not issued since 19th January 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Hi, i've lost my driving licence and need to apply for a replacement ... It's not due to expire till 2019 . Will i get a paper licence or the new credit card size licence ?

I was in an identical position to you in May of last year (Paper licence due to expire in 2022).

Applied for replacment and received the current credit card sized licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

Great stuff .... Thanks for the replies !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Anyone have the address to return old paper licence once renewed? Have my plastic one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Anyone have the address to return old paper licence once renewed? Have my plastic one now.

I think you're just to destroy it? At least that was what the letter I got said ehen I got an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

How much to get the new card type? my paper one is so damaged i need a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

akelly02 wrote: »
    How much to get the new card type? my paper one is so damaged i need a new one

NDLS have all the info you need.

https://www.ndls.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

I applied a month ago with expiry date 2019. Didn't pay anything and received a card type expiring in 2019.

Advertisement