Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2ds thinks its a 3ds

• 21-08-2016 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi hope someone can help as nintendo never replied to my email weeks ago. Basically the kids 2Ds now displays the 3ds logo when starting up, regardless if its a 2ds or 3ds cartridge inserted. The camera app is now a 3ds camera (?) And wont work to take photos or video. When you click on the icon "3ds camera" is displayed. If ypu click to start it , the whole game has to be shut down as a warning message appears. However the camera works in the pre installed app face raiders. The sounds app is also displayed as "3 ds sounds". The console also wont connect to the Internet (wifii) any more. I correctly and manually re-entered all the connection info for wifi and still wont connect. ive no idea where the cable is to hook it up to the modem. At first I was convinced the kids messed up the settings but I dont think even they could have done so many changes, especially for the console to think its the latest version!!! Has anyone else ever encountered this? Is it some sort of bug?? Any help will be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The 2DS is a 3DS, just without the 3D screen.
    They have updated the software over the years and apps have been renamed over that time.
    As for the problems you mention, I'll check out my son's 2DS and get back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The 3DS had a tendency to go bananas if the WiFi card became unseated - games crashing to black screen, apps not launching etc. - and the 2DS is the same system without the 3D top screen. Did the console get dropped a lot in the last week?

If you want a response from Nintendo, call them.

Whats the warning message when you try to fire up the camera?

There is no cable for hooking up the modem, it's all WiFi all the way. Instead of manually entering the WiFi connection information, if you do an automatic search, does it see your router's SSID? Is WiFi enabled? If your Router isn't seen, if you have a smart-phone that can share it's internet connection and you share it out without any security, can you connect that way?
    Assuming the Wifi is switched on, do you get the green "Streetpass" notification in the top left of the top screen to show that Wifi is enabled, and does it switch to a blue "internet" icon if your router is switched on? Have you received any streetpasses since the issue first occurred - eg. if the console is switched on, has WiFi enabled and you're in a McDonalds? Do you have access to either another 3/2DS or a DS/DSi to test the wireless connection using a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭shashaela

Thanks Banjo,
    Its been dropped numerous times over the past 2 years. Ive 2 kids sharing it so both have equally dropped it :-/

The message reads"an error has occured. Hold down the power button to turn off the power then turn it on and try again"

The green streetpass is there and internet enabled is also there on top of the screen. My son said he was connected to internet in my sisters house and she used an AOSS according to him. I need to confirm with my sister though just to be sure! But I can see her connection details are still there.

Okay i just reset the connection point , automatically, it found my wifi , im connected to the net , went into system update and everything was already up to date!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sorry but that thread title is just hilarious.

• Advertisement

...now if only my simple samsung thought it was an iphone id be laughing :-)

Advertisement