Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a road bike

Options
  • 21-08-2016 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

I am looking to get a road bike mostly for commuting purposes. I have been seeing a lot of bike related sales going on now and I am not really sure what's a good value and what's not.

I guess I am looking for a light (around 10kg) road bike with carbon fork. My budget is e350, but I might go over that if I find something really worth the money.
    Right not I am looking at Carrera Vanquish (sadly gone now) and Triban 500 SE (a bit over the budget). I have also checked donedeal and adverts.ie but there was nothing interesting in there, is it the case that good stuff is gone within minutes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If your willing to Hang on for a few months people will be off loading bikes in the run up to 2017 and BTW schemes rolling over etc etc and you'll find a bigger selection in the classifieds. For your budget I think you'd be best buying used as you'll get a much better spec bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Mario, if you can get the bike on the Bike-to-Work scheme, you can effectively get a better bike for half price (depending on your tax level). https://www.cyclescheme.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

Mario852 wrote: »
    I am looking to get a road bike mostly for commuting purposes. I have been seeing a lot of bike related sales going on now and I am not really sure what's a good value and what's not.

I guess I am looking for a light (around 10kg) road bike with carbon fork. My budget is e350, but I might go over that if I find something really worth the money.
    Right not I am looking at Carrera Vanquish (sadly gone now) and Triban 500 SE (a bit over the budget). I have also checked donedeal and adverts.ie but there was nothing interesting in there, is it the case that good stuff is gone within minutes?

What about bike to work scheme?
    Can you avail of that, if you have a budget of 350 before btw you could be looking at a around the 700 mark if you can get the btw

Advertisement