Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hynes - Main Street Celbridge

• 22-08-2016 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hello. Does anyone know what is going on with Hynes (formerly Damien's Londis) on the Celbridge Main Street? They shut up a couple of months back and it seems strange that there has been no activity since, given the prime location?
    Where they being hit for trade by Supervalue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

I've heard it's going to be converted into apartments. I don't know how true that is but it came from someone who used to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

It's totally gone apparently. Apartments going in as poster above said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Buffman

It's still up for sale on daft for €585k, I'm guessing the previous tenants took advantage of the break option mentioned.
    The lease is a 10 year lease from mid 2014 with a tenant break option in year 2016
    I just checked and I don't see any planning permission applied for apartments yet.

Hopefully something is done with it soon because it's the first thing you see coming over the bridge and it's become an eyesore.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Apartments eh? Well that's better than another 2euro store I guess. Still a nice restaurant or cafe would have been better for the town.
    Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Apartments would seem a bit unlikely as the building would need too much work for conversion and wouldn't be allowed to change the facade if permission was sought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭tubbs26

I see they are painting what used to be Londis these days.

Does anyone know what the plans are for it? I see apartments were suggested 2 years ago

tubbs26 wrote: »
    I see they are painting what used to be Londis these days.

Does anyone know what the plans are for it? I see apartments were suggested 2 years ago

Being painted as part of the Main Street painting scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Joe Public wrote: »
    Being painted as part of the Main Street painting scheme.

Being painted in Dealz colours..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I would have said Centra colours:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

So has anyone bought the unit at all? It's an eyesore as it's the first thing you see when you come over the bridge from Dublin into the village:o

• Advertisement

So has anyone bought the unit at all? It's an eyesore as it's the first thing you see when you come over the bridge from Dublin into the village:o

Looks good now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Looks dangerously close to Dealz colour scheme...

Sorry to bump this thread. Anyone hear anything recently about what’s happening with the former Londis and bargain shop on the Main Street? Still both empty 🀔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

On another thread someone has said the old londis building is currently locked in a court case. So noting can be done until that is sorted.

I also heard that damian was after buying it back but there was a lot of damage done to the roof during the storms late 2016/ early 2017

Bump

Saw the for sale sign taken down 2 weeks back. Anyone know who the buyer was?

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Bump

Saw the for sale sign taken down 2 weeks back. Anyone know who the buyer was?

Did it say sold before that?

Believe it's going to be a vegan / vegetarian supermarket and café restaurant.

Owners will be familiar to many.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Believe it's going to be a vegan / vegetarian supermarket and café restaurant.

Owners will be familiar to many.

The Happy Pear?

WittyName1 wrote: »
    The Happy Pear?

No. Familiar to many Celbridgians may be more apt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

2ndcoming wrote: »
    No. Familiar to many Celbridgians may be more apt.

any update on this cafe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

I heard that one of the Foley's from Killinabranagh is heavily involved in this cafe.

NedNew2 wrote: »
    I heard that one of the Foley's from Killinabranagh is heavily involved in this cafe.

Did you dream up this name?

scheister wrote: »
    any update on this cafe

Back to the original owner

Advertisement