Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whirlpool Freezer working?

• 22-08-2016 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Hi posted this on another forum but was directed here

I just got a new house and there is a Whirlpool American Style Fridge/Freezer. I found the model and it is S20D RBB32-A/G.

Anyway the house was vacant for over a year. The last time I viewed before the power was cut there was no issues with it. Ice etc working. Anyway the seller cut the power and now I am not sure it is working correctly/

I have turned on and attached a pic of the display. According to manual the freezer should come up -18 and the fridge to 5. I started it over a day ago and came back. The fridge wasnt cold so I set to 2 but noting happening with freezer

Anybody any ideas? Will I need to buy new one?
    It was suggested on other forum and I seen myself the water filter needs replacing, would this shut down the whole fridge/freezer?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Rang Whirlpool and they said just buy new one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

water filter will not stop it getting cold. the unit has three motors, one compressor motor and two fan motors. you need to establish if the compressor motor is running or not, its the black pot like unit located inside the bottom back panel. if it is not running it cant make ice, if it is running and not making ice it has lost its refrigerant gas through a leak in the system, then not worth trying to repair but i have rarely seen them loose gas, you need a guy who knows refrigeration to diagnose properly.if the circulating fan motor is down the fridge section wont cool, the other one is for cooling the compressor but again it wouldnt stop it getting cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

water filter will not stop it getting cold. the unit has three motors, one compressor motor and two fan motors. you need to establish if the compressor motor is running or not, its the black pot like unit located inside the bottom back panel. if it is not running it cant make ice, if it is running and not making ice it has lost its refrigerant gas through a leak in the system, then not worth trying to repair but i have rarely seen them loose gas, you need a guy who knows refrigeration to diagnose properly.if the circulating fan motor is down the fridge section wont cool, the other one is for cooling the compressor but again it wouldnt stop it getting cold

Thanks, I ended up buying a new one and sending it off back to shop.....

Advertisement