Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Closures

Options
  • 22-08-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all, does anybody know why the Clonsilla Rd from Applegreen to the roundabout past the school is closed today?, is this short term? Also Carpenterstown Road seems to be closed past Castleknock College, I made it past this morning on the way towards town but it was closed in the opposite direction (cones up from Tower Road allowing no access onto Carpenterstown Rd). Is this likely to be closed both ways all week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

http://www.fingal.ie/roads-and-travel/road-works-and-closures/

Nothing on the Fingal website at the moment, maybe it will be updated later, in which case the above link should bring you to it.

https://www.theaa.ie/roadwatch/newsroom/

Nothing on aa roadwatch either at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

They were resurfacing the road outside the school today

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

They're taking the piss. Apart from the lack of notification and inconvenience to the likes of myself in Limelawn - they just put this outside my house, damaging the tree and partially blocking my driveway...

And no one around to complain to...

395004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Spending the remainder of the budget before year end:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Codpeas wrote: »
    They're taking the piss. Apart from the lack of notification and inconvenience to the likes of myself in Limelawn - they just put this outside my house, damaging the tree and partially blocking my driveway...

And no one around to complain to...

395004.jpg
    Bloody hell Codpeas that really is taking the mickey. They are also resurfacing between Castleknock hotel and Castleknock college as well as from the Carpenter to the college, and to make matters worse they are also resurfacing from Myos to Castleknock college. Unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Bloody hell Codpeas that really is taking the mickey. They are also resurfacing between Castleknock hotel and Castleknock college as well as from the Carpenter to the college, and to make matters worse they are also resurfacing from Myos to Castleknock college. Unbelievable!
    Bus stops all along the huntstown road all last week and now this. Talk about miss-use of funds. All unnecessary. Fecking criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

They are also resurfacing between Castleknock hotel and Castleknock college
    No harm but road surface is not actually that bad apart from the couple of hundred meter before the lights. It's more a case that the road needs to be widened with cars coming around the narrow bends well over the white line. I noticed they've new kerbing down for a footpath no one ever uses.
    and to make matters worse they are also resurfacing from Myos to Castleknock college. Unbelievable!
    That's great news as that section of road is a disgrace with typical council patches and resulting potholes making matters worse than previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

"So when will we resurface the roads lads?"

"I know, lets wait until the week before the schools re-open, itll surely overrun and cause bedlam!"

"Great! Tea anyone?"

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Great to see the surface upgrade. Happy to bear the minor inconvenience for the positive benefit for the car and when I'm on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Seanie_H wrote: »
    Great to see the surface upgrade. Happy to bear the minor inconvenience for the positive benefit for the car and when I'm on the bike.

Don't get me wrong, it's good to see the work being done. I just don't agree with all these locations being done at the same time. Also, with the St Mochtas school rebuild only a matter of months away they should probably have waited until this is finished before resurfacing the Clonsilla Road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Larbre34 wrote: »
    "So when will we resurface the roads lads?"

"I know, lets wait until the week before the schools re-open, itll surely overrun and cause bedlam!"

"Great! Tea anyone?"
    Traffic is less when schools are out so now is a good time to do it, as long as they are completed before schools reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

daymobrew wrote: »
    Traffic is less when schools are out so now is a good time to do it, as long as they are completed before schools reopen.

My point precisely. As the trickle of school re-openings begins tomorrow, I shan't hold my breath. Given the current weather and potential for delays to road marking etc, its not good that they have left it so tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Chaos coming from Coolmine towards the centre and vice versa this evening as they closed the Mountview road for resurfacing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

The nice new section on Clonsilla road is all completed now though :) - before, the surface was really bad outside the school where that failed attempt at a roundabout was put in and hacked out again.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Same on the Carpenterstown Road. It's like a carpet.... apart from one sunken shore that they skipped but it's in great nick now.

Advertisement