Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple IPOD Touch Frozen, Black screen

Options
  • 22-08-2016 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭

Hi my Apple Ipod Touch which is 5 years old has been frozen and basically dead for the last two days. It has a cracked screen but no water has ever got into it.

also there is an IOS 6 message that comes up sometimes on the screen when I do manage to get the screen on but cant swipe to say configure because it frozen.

I did charge for ages yesterday but I have been looking online and have read that I should let it the battery die, don't charge it and wait for the charge sign to come on the ipod.

is there anyhope for my ipod touch or will I just have to go and buy a new one?:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

You could try rebooting it, hold the home and lock buttons together until an apple appears on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

guil wrote: »
    You could try rebooting it, hold the home and lock buttons together until an apple appears on screen.

ya Ive done that a few times and the apple logo does appear but then after a while the apple logo disappeared and it goes back to black screen.

Basically what I'm trying to figure out is it the cracked screen that's making it unresponsive to my touch or is it a more serious problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

I don't think this is an uncommon problem. There are solutions if you google. Plugging into pc and into itunes. I only know this as having same problem here with daughters ipod5. All photos etc will be lost though i think.

Edit to add: can't say if its cracked screen or not but ipod here doesn't have any cracks etc so I'm guessing it's not the screen causing your problem.

Thanks I've tried a few solutions I've just plugged it into my laptop and on to iTunes and no good, see its fully charged so I've read that if you leave the battery die then when you go to recharge it, it might come back but iPod touches have such long lasting batteries, it's prob going to take two days before all the charge runs out.

• Advertisement

Okay that's a nuisance. Yeah i noticed that alright the long battery life. It's dead on the one here.
    The only other thing I can suggest is bringing it to an Apple store. That's the plan here anyway. I hope you get it sorted.

Thanks everyone for your help anyway Ive good news last night, I was able to plug the ipod into Itunes and it allowed me to restore the ipod so the Ipod is fine now working away fine but now I have another problem, im trying to sync all my music back on to my ipod and itunes keeps freezing, its extremely annoying, Ive tried so many times last night, so Ipod is fine, have problem with Itunes now. I have 1500 songs, it keeps freezing on the same song.

The only solution I have in my head now is to upgrade Itunes on my laptop and hopefully that will work. Dont really know what else to do.

Also of topic does anyone think that Apple will stop making ipod touch's as I was just thinking most people probably buy Iphones, Ive no real interest in Iphones but I couldn't live without an ipod.

IPod dead again and frozen, no other option, going to take it to see if it can be fixed or I'm buying a new one. No point in restoring it anymore and putting all my songs back on. I lost all my photos in the process cause restored it as a new one cause I was so frustrated.

I like apple products but I just feel like Apple make their products to break.

Hey just another update, well I went and got the screen fixed and they did a very good job, looked like new and it worked perfectly for about a week but then started to freeze again so after about a week of this and restoring it a few times, I went online to the apple store last night and purchased a new ipod touch 32gb, I dont really think its worth going and getting a 5 year old Ipod fixed so I suppose that's it really.

I really hope this new one lasts for many years. looks really nice though, I ordered the one with the blue cover.

K thanks everyone for reading my thread.

I'm sure it'll be perfect. You've had your current one for five years I'm pretty sure the new one will impress. I notice this myself with newer items. I wouldn't be changing my phone too often but when i do upgrade I'm always pleasantly surprised with the improvements. Technology certainly moves quickly.
    Enjoy your new gadget & thanks for update.

• Advertisement
Advertisement