Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noise from washing machine

• 22-08-2016 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hi Could anyone tell me please what
    This noise from my washing
    Machine could be. Thanks. Attached
    Video which doesn't seem to appear apologies!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Describe the noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

washman3 wrote: »
    Describe the noise.

It's grating noise when the drum is turning, but not there all The time, it disappears as the machine goes through the cycle but now the machine won't
    Drain so perhaps its pump failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Sounds like the filter is clogged with something

Sounds like the filter is clogged with something

I've checked the pump filter at the bottom where the kick plate is, all clear there. Thanks for the advice appreciate it, I will open the back and check the pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

amber2 wrote: »
    I've checked the pump filter at the bottom where the kick plate is, all clear there. Thanks for the advice appreciate it, I will open the back and check the pump.

Before you do that - is it possible that something small and hard like a pebble could have lodged under the machine? My machine is in a shed, a few weeks ago it was spinning on a cottons cycle and it sounded like it was rattling itself to death. When the cycle was finished, on a hunch I swept my fingers under the front of the machine and found a small pebble which was jammed underneath - problem solved! You may need a second (strong) person to put their shoulder to the top of the machine to lift it off the ground by an inch or so.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice opened it
    Up & it was a keep it white type sheet clogging it up, gonna use a mesh bag from now on for those sheets, thanks again.

Advertisement