Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music at Croke Park

Options
  • 22-08-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Started noticing this brilliant music at the beginning and end of match day at croke park, its a woman singing in irish, can't find it anywhere, anyone know it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Brusna

Started noticing this brilliant music at the beginning and end of match day at croke park, its a woman singing in irish, can't find it anywhere, anyone know it? Thanks

Heard this today. It's Mise Éire sung by Sibéal Ni Chasaide. It was composed by Patrick Cassidy for the 1916 centenary concert in the Bord gais theatre earlier this year. It's on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AlphaJuliet

Brilliant thank you very much, brilliant song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Brusna

Brilliant thank you very much, brilliant song

Yeah, it's class. Before the match today I heard it in the background. I knew I heard it before but it took me a while to remember where I heard it. That 1916 centenary concert was brilliant.

They used to play may we never have to say goodbye after the games in Croke Park and that sounded brilliant in there as well.

Advertisement