Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wamble wrote: »
    No joy yesterday. Gonna have a whirl at these tomorrow. First game 7 A.M

How many yellow cards is 20 points?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

How many yellow cards is 20 points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

rekluse wrote: »
    How did this get on fitz ? Great game from him but he was carrying the ball a lot.

He was doing ok but a period of 30 mins at the end of the first half / start of second half without completing a single pass really put it to bed. as you said, he really did concentrate on dribbling and carrying the ball more.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Taking a punt on Crystal Palace at those odds, and also taking into account the amount of games Spurs have played recently I think it’s a decent bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Feyenoord - Ajax this weekend.

The guy who almost screamed from his VAR chair that St Juste had to be sent of after 5 minutes a few months ago when it was Ajax - Feyenoord, will now be the referee and the referee that day, will now be the VAR

Now there was a lot of criticism on Feyenoord the way they started that match back then so i see a bit more carefull appraoch this time.
    But a red card with those 2 involved on the pitch and tv room is still a good bet.

If Ajax takes an early lead, it might get pretty painful for me....

No cards.

But reason enough to change the signature for a while...
    Safe to say, i did not see that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »
    Taking a punt on Crystal Palace at those odds, and also taking into account the amount of games Spurs have played recently I think it’s a decent bet

Not too much of a sweat in the end due to Trippier missed peno and Speroni making a few decent saves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

really like the price on alaves at 5/4 at home to rayo whose away form is pretty bad
    alaves unbeaten at home but dont score much either 11 goals in 9 at home but rayo have only scored 5 goals away
    had a saver on no gs at 8/1

liked maupay anytime but not so much at odds on, be surprised if he didnt score though

mailburner wrote: »
    really like the price on alaves at 5/4 at home to rayo whose away form is pretty bad
    alaves unbeaten at home but dont score much either 11 goals in 9 at home but rayo have only scored 5 goals away
    had a saver on no gs at 8/1

liked maupay anytime but not so much at odds on, be surprised if he didnt score though

why do I bother :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

mailburner wrote: »
    why do I bother :(

I’m gone the same away . Impossible to get a bet up this season . Always got few bets up in other seasons . Add that to the fact that the prices are gone terrible means I have severely cut back on bets . Like even this week arsenal 2 to 9 Liverpool city United all 1 to 5 . Be lucky to get evens on the 4 of them . Few seasons ago u get 3 to 1 or so about that bet I know the top teams are getting stronger and the others weaker but there very little to tempt u any more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

spurshero wrote: »
    I’m gone the same away . Impossible to get a bet up this season . Always got few bets up in other seasons . Add that to the fact that the prices are gone terrible means I have severely cut back on bets . Like even this week arsenal 2 to 9 Liverpool city United all 1 to 5 . Be lucky to get evens on the 4 of them . Few seasons ago u get 3 to 1 or so about that bet I know the top teams are getting stronger and the others weaker but there very little to tempt u any more

I'm of the opinion that looking at the top teams is a waste of time. There are always better odds in some of the lower league or foreign leagues. Championship is worth a bit of time to research and going BTTS in the Dutch or Swiss league is usually a goog investment.

didn't see alaves losing their unbeaten home record against a side like rayo and its their first la liga home loss since april but every time a price seems a little on the high side for me the bookies end up with my money

from what I watched they aren't a great side, a few good chances but no joy, surprised they held some good sides in la liga based on that

first footie bet in a few weeks, close to knocking it on the head altogether tbh and sad in a way that I feel like I need to have a bet on a some games in order to watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Tell me about it, I bet on Empoli last night who were facing a Genoa team with a 5-game losing streak on the road. Guess what happened? :rolleyes:

Yeah, last night was ****. I had Verona as a dead cert (which it should have been 2-0 ten minutes to go....)

Anyway: Lower league/foreign league tips :)

Kings Langley-Basingstoke - Home at 1.65
    Kings Langley are six in a row at home, Basingstoke have lost six on the road and they're both averaging nearly three a game

Portimonense-Chaves - Home at 1.72
    8th v Bottom. Away team are one win and one draw on the road. Portimonese are consistant at home.
    Maybe tie it in with Benfica to bring it over 2.0?

Anyway, as always: do a little research to check I've missed nothing and follow at your own risk :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Don't hold with these fancy foreign leagues; I like to throw my money away on the good old Barclays Premier League:P

To wit, my midweek acca is -1 for Liverpool, City, United and Arsenal, with Chelsea over 2.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fankity flank

My treble on tonight's Premier League games, pays 5.68

Arsenal Win HT & FT (1.66)
    Cardiff awful away, Arsenal should be fired up from the off after the united result.

Wolves v West Ham BTTS (1.75)
    Hammers rarely keep a clean sheet. Arnautovic looks like he might start, can see him giving a 2 fingered goal salute to the board.

Huddersfield v Everton BTTS (1.95)
    Both teams need a result badly, I can see both going for it

• Advertisement

Don't hold with these fancy foreign leagues; I like to throw my money away on the good old Barclays Premier League:P

To wit, my midweek acca is -1 for Liverpool, City, United and Arsenal, with Chelsea over 2.5.

Bookies won't mind :)

In that case of go Liverpool to win and both teams to score (Liverpool have serious defensive injury problems + rumour Van Dijk might miss it too).

surely this will happen, both teams will win easily I'd imagine

rashford anytime
    aubameyang anytime
    double at 9/4 coral

both to score first at 16.88 boyles

threw in jiminez for a small treble at 100/1

I like to throw my money away on the good old Barclays Premier League:P

As I was saying, one goal between the three of them so far...:rolleyes:

Cardiff should be ahead, arsenal are pants yet again

As I was saying, one goal between the three of them so far...:rolleyes:

And that was the high point of the bet...

• Advertisement

some craic this betting lark is at times
    18/1 newcastle, thought utd were the certs of the night myself

Been on here 9/10 years and had lots of ups and downs and when I won I put the money aside for the bad days but the last year has mainly been downs, it's no fun anymore and sick of losing so calling it a day on football betting.
    Best of luck to ye on here, it was fun and has always been a great forum for banter, tips and sound people and remember if you can even break even at this craic then you are doing pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I'm on a double. Newcastle and Leicester. As a Liverpool fan I'd almost sooner bin the bet now! 215/1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ballyargus wrote: »
    I'm on a double. Newcastle and Leicester. As a Liverpool fan I'd almost sooner bin the bet now! 215/1!
    Feel free to screenshot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Feel free to screenshot it.

Not exactly mad stakes but a daycent payout

https://imgur.com/XvOCuVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Have to say, not doing a lot of betting myself the last 2 months.
    A bit tired of football and all the **** around it.
    Other than Feyenoord, i dont even watch anything anymore either.
    Gone are the days that i slept 4 hours a night because i just had to see Univerrsidad de Chile kicking off at midnight.
    Rather watch a good series nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

3 trixies for tonight for an interest

Chelsea win btts 21/10
    Spurs win btts 21/10
    Southampton win btts 7/2

Also btts in both halves in them 3 @11s 11s and 12s

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

3 trixies for tonight for an interest

Chelsea win btts 21/10
    Spurs win btts 21/10
    Southampton win btts 7/2

Also btts in both halves in them 3 @11s 11s and 12s

Good luck done something similar - Btts over 2.5 all PL games + BTTS in Atlanta/Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

1.5mgs treble

B’mouth v Chelsea
    Atalanta v Juve
    Soton v palace

1.2/1

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Clyne 8.5 to be booked bet365 marking hazard

Gigi wynaldum 8.5 to be booked bet365 could be playing right back

For some interest tonight Gl

All 8 teams to score prem lge

10/1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hazard now has someone to pass to in the box, Higuain anytime Evens

gazza1 wrote: »
    1.5mgs treble

B’mouth v Chelsea
    Atalanta v Juve
    Soton v palace

1.2/1

GL

WON !!!

All 8 teams to score prem lge

10/1

Bloody Chelsea !!

...one again...
    I'm of the opinion that looking at the top teams is a waste of time...

Chelsea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

1.5mgs treble

B’mouth v Chelsea
    Atalanta v Juve
    Soton v palace

1.2/1

GL

WON !!!

Do the same with PP. Paid out less than evens.

Lefty2Guns wrote: »

Do the same with PP. Paid out less than evens.

Yeah pp football odds are shocking compared to most other firms

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Yeah pp football odds are shocking compared to most other firms

The only firm I have an online account with. Been reluctant to open up a new account elsewhere. Might do a some comparison's on my bets against other firms and see who offers the better odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The only firm I have an online account with. Been reluctant to open up a new account elsewhere. Might do a some comparison's on my bets against other firms and see who offers the better odds.

Bet365 & Hills would be two anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Bet Victor very good for football odds, especially +2.5 goals but also the normal win/draw/loss. (Although, for some reason they are very poor on BTTS odds).

I'm a fan of shop betting with PP as they do some very good MoneyBackFreeBet offers, but it's throwing money away to do football accas with them (Albeit, only matters if you ever win :) )

• Advertisement

Preston v Derby btts
    Killie DC
    Leipzig win

2.3/1

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Med101007

Anyone think West Ham might cause a bit of an upset tomorrow night against Liverpool? They have decent enough form at home this season against the top 6 (except the 4-0 drubbing against City)
    The 7/1 on offer for the straight win looks tempting but the 23/10 for the +1 handicap looks too good to refuse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Med101007 wrote: »
    Anyone think West Ham might cause a bit of an upset tomorrow night against Liverpool? They have decent enough form at home this season against the top 6 (except the 4-0 drubbing against City)
    The 7/1 on offer for the straight win looks tempting but the 23/10 for the +1 handicap looks too good to refuse.

Can't see anything but a comfortable away win. Liverpool's defence will be unsettled but the front 6 should take care of West Ham, who haven't really been at the races lately.

Liverpool and both to score at 3/1 might be a better option. I'd wait until last minute though - see the lineups and what the weather's going to be like in East London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

yeah, I think they're a huge price. I've a load of free bets, going to take West Ham in various ways with a few of them, win both score, win and over 2.5, sometimes 7/1 just ain't enough!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 l5h1o76rxidz98

Everton v Man City
    Bet Over 2.5 Goals
    Odds 1.5 @ Boylesports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Liverpool look short enough at 1 to 3 . Have looked very edgy last 2 games and look like a team beginning to feel
    The pressure

Liverpool and both to score at 3/1 might be a better option. I'd wait until last minute though - see the lineups and what the weather's going to be like in East London

Where are you seeing 3/1 ?

Bet365 have it 7/4 pp have boosted their 7/4 to 9/4 - I'm taking that as pools defence is loose with all the changes, probably Milner at left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

Small bet on West Ham and BTTS @ 12/1 will keep it interesting for me :)

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Where are you seeing 3/1 ?

Bet365 have it 7/4 pp have boosted their 7/4 to 9/4 - I'm taking that as pools defence is loose with all the changes, probably Milner at left back.

Was on bet365, down to 2.62 now.

The odds on a Liverpool win have dropped from 1.42 to 1.33 as well, sot hat wuld explain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

dodgystats wrote: »
    Small bet on West Ham and BTTS @ 12/1 will keep it interesting for me :)

I was actually just looking at these.

Now I'm a Liverpool fan, so I won't be doing it but if you combine both teams to score @ 3/4 & West Ham to win at 7/1 in a same game multi, the odds are actually 13.75/1 on PP.

But weird to have such a difference in price for the same markets.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement