Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New broadband customer

Options
  • 22-08-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

I am considering signing up for Eircom broadband.  Efibre is not available in my area.  I have been quoted a monthly price for an 18 month contract.  The problem is I may be moving within the next 18 months.  Hopefully the same (or better service) will be available at my new address but it may happen that even the basic broadband service will not be available as it is very rural.  Can you tell me if I will be penalized for cancelling contract if the service is not available at the new address?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

jordata wrote: »
    I am considering signing up for Eircom broadband.  Efibre is not available in my area.  I have been quoted a monthly price for an 18 month contract.  The problem is I may be moving within the next 18 months.  Hopefully the same (or better service) will be available at my new address but it may happen that even the basic broadband service will not be available as it is very rural.  Can you tell me if I will be penalized for cancelling contract if the service is not available at the new address?
    Hi Jordata,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

If the service is available at your new address you will need to move the services to this address to avoid any penalties. 

However, if the service is not available and we are unable to provide you with a service you may move without any penalties. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    jordata wrote: »
    Hi Jordata,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

If the service is available at your new address you will need to move the services to this address to avoid any penalties. 

However, if the service is not available and we are unable to provide you with a service you may move without any penalties. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Thanks Ciara

Advertisement