Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting room Sun-Thurs

Options
  • 22-08-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is allowed but I will be renting out my spare room on a Sunday evening - Friday morning basis. Trail basis for 3 months and see how it goes, room will be available from 18th September.

Shared bathroom, only one other in the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

OP, please add cost and location.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭kellyshell

OP, please add cost and location.

Apologies............€130 per wk (includes bills) and I am in Inchicore. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

€560p/m and you don't even get to stay there for the weekend. In inchicore. And no security, even if they're the best tenant toy could dump them out at Christmas.

If you're going to rent out a room do it properly op. That's a full time let and allow the tenant to feel at home and secure in their let.

This town is a joke

€560p/m and you don't even get to stay there for the weekend. In inchicore. And no security, even if they're the best tenant toy could dump them out at Christmas.

If you're going to rent out a room do it properly op. That's a full time let and allow the tenant to feel at home and secure in their let.

This town is a joke

Thanks for the response Oppenheimer1 but I don't need you telling me what I should and shouldn't do with my home.

Just to clarify not that I should but I have researched and that is a reasonable price to include all bills. Inchicore / Kilmainham are very popular areas.

As I said thanks for the response but if you have nothing constructive to say best you say nothing at all......

kellyshell wrote: »
    Thanks for the response Oppenheimer1 but I don't need you telling me what I should and shouldn't do with my home.

Just to clarify not that I should but I have researched and that is a reasonable price to include all bills. Inchicore / Kilmainham are very popular areas.

As I said thanks for the response but if you have nothing constructive to say best you say nothing at all......
    Based on a 5 night occupancy it actually works out at almost €800p/m, to live in inchicore, 45mins from Trinity.
    It is nothing short of gouging, and feel sorry for the poor student or parent who will end up paying this or face commuting from the country.

It's a sad state of affairs.

• Advertisement

Based on a 5 night occupancy it actually works out at almost €800p/m, to live in inchicore, 45mins from Trinity.
    It is nothing short of gouging, and feel sorry for the poor student or parent who will end up paying this or face commuting from the country.

It's a sad state of affairs.

First of all I never said it was student accommodation and secondly it is not "gouging"...........but congrats on being good with numbers. If I wanted your opinion I would have asked.

Now if you don't mind this is the last response you will get from me.......my house my choice!

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

First of all I never said it was student accommodation and secondly it is not "gouging"...........but congrats on being good with numbers. If I wanted your opinion I would have asked.

Now if you don't mind this is the last response you will get from me.......my house my choice!

Best of luck

You put it on a public forum it's the choice of the other poster to say you are gouging.

http://touch.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/inchicore/62-bulfin-road-inchicore-dublin-895943/

To me seems a better deal that the deal you offer. You are right it's your property but I like the other poster are entitled to our opinions.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Greed pure and simple. No other word for it.

Not only that but too cheap to advertise on daft.

You put it on a public forum it's the choice of the other poster to say you are gouging.

http://touch.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/inchicore/62-bulfin-road-inchicore-dublin-895943/

To me seems a better deal that the deal you offer. You are right it's your property but I like the other poster are entitled to our opinions.

I am well aware people are entitled to their opinions but I have explained my reasons so it should stop there.........I didn't ask for opinions I just put it up to show that I have a room for rent........

I have looked at The property you linked to while researching, it is a good deal if you want to rent with 4 other people......some people would prefer a quieter house.

its all about what you are comfortable spending and where you would feel happier to live.....different strokes for different folks.

Greed pure and simple. No other word for it.

Not only that but too cheap to advertise on daft.

its up on daft :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Best of luck

You posted in a public forum. What did you think would happen?

By the way is it Sunday-Thursday? That is going to suit very few people. If you arent after students even less.

godtabh wrote: »
    You posted in a public forum. What did you think would happen?

By the way is it Sunday-Thursday? That is going to suit very few people. If you arent after students even less.

it should say Sunday evening to Friday morning will change heading now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Shame this isnt in Cork. It would suit me down to the ground and would work out slightly cheaper than what the hotel is currently costing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

The discount on properties like these is usually very significant. I actually looked at a few last year in a different area because the rental of Fri/Sun suited me quite well. Most of them were around half the price it would have cost to rent them normally.

You may have done research in the area on rents but clearly haven't done any research on similar kind of renting agreements and the kind of discounts offered.

Best of luck

It's you that put this up on a public forum, so you'll get opinions, whether or not you agree with them.

And let's be honest here, it is the student market you will get, because let's look at the facts here: you put this up on the day the CAO offers come out, and who else would take a 5 day let?

A young professional would have enough experience to know this is a shoddy deal, however a young naïve student or parents desperate for accommodation will pay it. You know this and I know this and I know you're entitled to it, just as much as I'm entitled to call you out on it.

I just hate seeing this.

syklops wrote: »
    Shame this isnt in Cork. It would suit me down to the ground and would work out slightly cheaper than what the hotel is currently costing.

Its a pity alright :) hope you find something better than a hotel soon......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

This is not a discussion thread. We allow private ads on this forum but it is not an open invitation to attack the OP for the price.

Anyone interested in renting this may PM the OP for further information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

As a further mod note OP, when you post something on an open forum it is not your place to dictate the kind of answers you get. As per the forum charter please leave the moderation to the mods and report any posts you have issues with. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement