Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite Remediation in an Apartment Block

Options
  • 22-08-2016 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the remediation process in an apartment block?

My main question/concern would be what happens to the upper level residents when the work is being completed?

Has anyone seen common area's been included as part of the scheme?

Any thoughts/opinions would be welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Hero777 wrote: »
    Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the remediation process in an apartment block?

My main question/concern would be what happens to the upper level residents when the work is being completed?

Has anyone seen common area's been included as part of the scheme?

Any thoughts/opinions would be welcome

We live in an apartment block that is being remediated. Only the residennts of the ground floor apartments moved out. Our common areas are included as part of the porocess. The worst of it is right at the start, when they break through the concrete into the infill. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

Yeah i've been told that the first 2/3 weeks are the worst. Couple of questions.

- Do they work between certain hours
    - Do the work at weekends
    - If your common area is getting done how do you get in and out of the Apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Yeah i've been told that the first 2/3 weeks are the worst. Couple of questions.

- Do they work between certain hours

Actually the first 2/3 days were by far the worst

They worked 8-5
    - Do the work at weekends

No
    - If your common area is getting done how do you get in and out of the Apartment?

It's managed, and changed at different phases. The Stairs and main door can always be used outside of working hours.

One of the apartments was used for entrance and exit to/from the lift.

In the case of emergency exit via the main door and stairs would have been restored immediately.

I think it depends on the layout of your block. In another development they built a temporary "stairs" externally up to the first floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Remediation work has been going on in my complex since the start of May, they have been working from 8 till 5 Monday to Friday and both Saturday and Sundays as well.

The lift on our side of the development doesn't go down to the basement so a pain trying to get shopping in up from the car park.

It's not so bad noise wise when you work normal times but if you work shift it would be a nightmare.

They were due to be finished within 15 weeks but that date has well passed.

Advertisement