Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 22-8-16 *SUMMERSLAM SPOILERS AHOY*

• 22-08-2016 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

WWE_Raw_2016_logo.png

Finn made history last night, now where does he go from here, let's find out..

Raw becomes The Demon Kingdom
    In an incredible, historic matchup, Finn Bálor put Seth Rollins away with a Coup de Grâce to become the first WWE Universal Champion last night at SummerSlam. Following The Demon King’s conquest, Bálor brings Team Red’s flagship title to Raw. What’s next for the enigmatic Irishman? We’ll hear from him — and Rollins — on Monday night’s hottest show.

Charlotte demotes The Boss
    Proving that she doesn’t need help to come out on top in big match situations, Charlotte ruthlessly brutalized Sasha Banks last night at SummerSlam to become a two-time WWE Women’s Champion.

Sustaining a lower back injury during last night’s match, The Boss refused to give up despite excruciating pain, and Sasha will undoubtedly display that same tenacity in her quest to reclaim the crown jewel of Raw’s Women’s division. How will she retaliate against Charlotte tonight?

The Beast at his most barbaric
    In an intensely brutal SummerSlam clash nearly 15 years in the making, Raw’s Brock Lesnar conquered SmackDown Live’s Randy Orton via technical knockout, ending the match in carnage and bringing an entirely new meaning to the term “Team Red.” Then, after the bout, Lesnar got his hands on Shane McMahon, hitting SmackDown Live’s Commissioner with an F-5 that left the Brooklyn crowd in stunned silence.

How will The Beast Incarnate’s horrific actions impact tonight’s Raw, and how will Commissioner Stephanie McMahon and General Manager Mick Foley respond?

Have The New Day found the cure for 'ringpostitis'?
    SummerSlam’s special guest (and honorary member of The New Day) Jon Stewart nearly fell victim to “ringpostitis,” the startling epidemic affecting Raw’s tag teams. However, the returning Big E prevented the acclaimed comedian from being diagnosed by so-called “doctors” Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson.

Last night’s WWE Tag Team Championship Match pitting Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods against the faux physicians ended in a disqualification victory for Gallows & Anderson when Big E charged the ring, so it’s clear the rivalry between these Team Red tandems is far from over. But now that The New Day is fully functional and more virile than ever, are the WWE Tag Team Champions poised to give the wannabe doctors a triple-dose of payback?

Will The Big Dog's rampage continue?
    Not willing to wait for last night’s United States Championship Match to begin, defending champion Rusev sparked a brawl with Roman Reigns outside the ring, preventing the bout from ever officially getting underway.

The melee, which required a veritable army of WWE officials to separate the rivals, ended when The Super Athlete was deemed unable to compete by medical personnel. That didn’t stop Reigns from brutalizing Rusev further with a thunderous Spear onto the floor. Will The Big Dog bring that same aggression to Raw tonight in Brooklyn? Plus, will we learn more about Rusev’s condition following Reigns’ assault?

SKY SPORTS 5 - 01:00

I'm sure someone will post the Whatculture W.T.F Moments for the show tomorrow afternoon.. And someone else can do the threads for both RAW & Smackdown Live next week, along with the respective W.T.F Moments for both shows...

As of tomorrow i'm off out of the country.. back September 1st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finn injured left the arena in a sling I see doing the rounds worries he may need surgery on his arm.

It looked to me when Seth threw him into the ringside barrier early in the match that he did hurt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Finn injured left the arena in a sling I see doing the rounds worries he may need surgery on his arm.

It looked to me when Seth threw him into the ringside barrier early in the match that he did hurt it.

The pessimistic option - Short title reign for Finn then if surgery will be required.

The optimistic option - It's just a sprain and hopefully nothing serious..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The pessimistic option - Short title reign for Finn then if surgery will be required.

The optimistic option - It's just a sprain and hopefully nothing serious..

Optimistic option from the pessimistic option - the world now knows who Finn is, and what the whole demon gimmick is about, so he can have a touching ceremony to relinquish the title, tug a few heartstrings about how he worked 15 years for this and it's gone in a heartbeat etc etc., Rollins takes the title and goes on a heel championship run, conquering all in his path..... Fast forward to January when the demon music hits at entry 30 of the Royal Rumble....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Optimistic option from the pessimistic option - the world now knows who Finn is, and what the whole demon gimmick is about, so he can have a touching ceremony to relinquish the title, tug a few heartstrings about how he worked 15 years for this and it's gone in a heartbeat etc etc., Rollins takes the title and goes on a heel championship run, conquering all in his path..... Fast forward to January when the demon music hits at entry 30 of the Royal Rumble....
    Don't think that's how Vince works. If Vince goes against his better judgement and gives a small guy the title, and then that guy swiftly gets injured. Well we all know what Vince will take away from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

CSF wrote: »
    Don't think that's how Vince works. If Vince goes against his better judgement and gives a small guy the title, and then that guy swiftly gets injured. Well we all know what Vince will take away from that.

True in most cases, but imo Finn wouldn't have even sniffed the title were HHH not firmly in his corner, and you'd hope this will continue to be a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Neil3030 wrote: »
    True in most cases, but imo Finn wouldn't have even sniffed the title were HHH not firmly in his corner, and you'd hope this will continue to be a factor.

I'd imagine you're right, and clearly Vince has given HHH some rope on this, but in the end Vince is still boss and will look at himself to have been proven right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hey, heeeeey Bayley, ooh ahh
    I wanna know oh ooh oh, oh ooh oh
    Will you be on RAW?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Dudleyz have tweeted that they will be "saying goodbye" tonight, teasing their retirement.

Poor Devon is surely the only one who doesn't see what's coming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I really hope someone interrupts them during their "retirement" speech, then just after they do the D-Von get the tables bit Bubba Bully Ray cracks him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope Sasha's there as it would help prove she's not being suspended.

And as I said on the SS thread, maybe we'll get a proper presentation of the title to Balor and the setup for his next match, which I assume will be a rematch.

And will Slater be there? How does he keep getting in, along with entrance music if he's not signed to any brand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hope Sasha's there as it would help prove she's not being suspended.

And as I said on the SS thread, maybe we'll get a proper presentation of the title to Balor and the setup for his next match, which I assume will be a rematch.

And will Slater be there? How does he keep getting in, along with entrance music if he's not signed to any brand?

Sadly sasha and Balor look like their injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wonder will they call up one of the big NXT names now with Balor out ???

Shinsuke or Joe would be good call ups. Too early for Bobby Roode i think

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( for Balor but the demon will come back very hungry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

For all the bad that comes with the injury it could help Finn be a bigger star if they tell the story right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hope he's furious in his promo. Being all "I'll be back, siya" would be a bit of a letdown.

Be ragin', Finn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd be amazed if they don't call up Joe as a replacement. Now that he lost the NXT title there's no reason for him to be down there. Have Roode be Nakamura's next opponent and let Joe debut on Raw.

I'd have Rollins demand to be awarded the title and claim that there is no one more deserving than him. Then have Joe's music hit and have him point out that the last person to beat Finn was himself in NXT.

They need to find some star power to replace Finn as he was one of their top picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Joe had his jaw broke by Nakamura though didn't he ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finn out for 6 months :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Joe had his jaw broke by Nakamura though didn't he ?

Dislocated according to the WWE app. Still needs to be assessed but not as bad as first thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

God i love his music!

• Advertisement

Cue Seth to interrupt in a few minutes.

Stephanie in Smackdown blue.

I really hope they give Jericho one last championship run.

End of the Jericho/Owens tag team tonight I guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    End of the Jericho/Owens tag team tonight I guess..

I hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I wonder was the Reigns beat down last night done so he'd be free to go for the Uni title after Finns injury??

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

They should have Seth be champion and then just have vignettes of the Demon appear on the screen until his return anytime Rollins is in action, similar to the Wyatts when they were interfering. Give off the vibe that Balor is haunting Seth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just do Reigns vs Rollins because no one can believe these other midcarders have a chance.

ricero wrote: »
    I hope not

If it means Kevin Owens becoming the next Universal Championship, then I'm all for breaking up Jericho & Owens...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just do Reigns vs Rollins because no one can believe these other midcarders have a chance.

Especially after they put Zayn vs Rollins they are not gonna have Rollins lose twice in 24 hours

Advertisement