Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 22-8-16 *SUMMERSLAM SPOILERS AHOY*

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I knew it was inevitable that Raw would get Bayley but still, maybe Smackdown will get a returning Tamina to level things out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Errrr would I be right in saying Strowman is no longer linked with the Wyatt family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Errrr would I be right in saying Strowman is no longer linked with the Wyatt family?
    Yes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I knew it was inevitable that Raw would get Bayley but still, maybe Smackdown will get a returning Tamina to level things out. :rolleyes:

Smackdown got Nikki Bella, who is probably one of the more recognizable faces of the WWE Women's division in the mainstream (not massively, but compared to others). And Raw's women's division was seriously weaker, at least in what they were presenting, so they really did need Bayley drastically.

Ok show. No idea why Big Cass of all people is in the title match next week, unless its to eat a pin. I'm hoping beyond hope they give it to Owens.

Heartbroken for Finn; hopefully he's back for Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Loved Bayley's debut.

I think it's literally impossible for her to ever turn heel, too damn likeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Has to be Rollins or Owens to win this 4way, genuinely fear Reigns will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Since the brand split what is the point in the women's division on Smackdown? Will there be a women's belt on there? Why are the women wrestling each other if there is no belt to wrestle for?

Tough luck on Finn, reading the reports he popped his shoulder back in and continued the match. That is seriously hardcore. On the Lesner/Orton match was the match suppose to go that way or was it an accident that Orton got cut so badly that they changed the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Floppybits wrote: »
    Since the brand split what is the point in the women's division on Smackdown? Will there be a women's belt on there? Why are the women wrestling each other if there is no belt to wrestle for?

Tough luck on Finn, reading the reports he popped his shoulder back in and continued the match. That is seriously hardcore. On the Lesner/Orton match was the match suppose to go that way or was it an accident that Orton got cut so badly that they changed the match
    Was all a work. I doubted they wanted Orton bleeding as much as he did, but yeah, it was supposed to end by TKO due to those vicious shots

Floppybits wrote: »

There's supposedly a women's and tag belt coming to Smackdown soon. I'd imagine we'll be told tonight that both will be crowned at the SD-only Backlash PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CSF wrote: »
    Has to be Rollins or Owens to win this 4way, genuinely fear Reigns will.

I think it'll end up being Reigns, they were intending on having Rollins chase the title iirc, so Reigns basically takes Balor's position for the next while

Can't see it being Owens, this thing with Jericho has some legs and I think the fatal 4 way is just a smokescreen to make things look harder for Reigns

Sure if he beats 3 other men at once for the title they have to cheer him right? Right

I don't know if i'm being paranoid but does anyone think they're muting the crowd after the initial reaction when Reigns comes out? It always seems to be a series of boos that just drown out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Reigns for the title I'm fearing

The Dudley's are now done with the WWE apparently. Pissed off I never saw them in person but the return was a bit of let down tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Loving Jericho's work right now. He is flawless, textbook heel, a true joy to watch on the mic, and you know this programme with KO will culminate in a fued where KO goes over and into the main event scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dudley boyz even get jobbed out on the way out. Must regret signing as they were booked badly even for enhancement talents. Was hoping to see Bully get a solo run but nope. :(
    I can totally get why some weren't interested in returning to WWE after the booking of them & Del Rio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Glad to see Bayley there at last. If that's due to Sasha's injury then that's the silver lining.
    Think Dana borrowed ring gear from Natalya

Were they saying Delete when the Dudleys mentioned the Hardys, which I wasn't sure they would?
    Is that really them gone? Surely they deserve a match to send them off

"Everyone in this ring is deserving of a title shot, except you Enzo!"

And this is a disgrace! Summerslam and Raw without a Slater appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the Dudleys are old-school, they know that you "go out on your back", putting over the younger talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Were they saying Delete when the Dudleys mentioned the Hardys, which I wasn't sure they would?

Yeah they were. That was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking, are they totally ignoring the fact that Reigns beat Rusev down like he did at Summerslam? Hopefully he costs Reigns the match next week.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking, are they totally ignoring the fact that Reigns beat Rusev down like he did at Summerslam? Hopefully he costs Reigns the match next week.

I'd imagine a few stories got put on hold when they realised Finn was vacating the title. I'd imagine Rusev costs Reigns the title, Cass and Owens take each other out to continue that tag feud, and Rollins wins. Then the other stories can continue and they can figure out who challenges Rollins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

For you L93_ . The intro is the best thing I've ever seen/heard.

Advertisement