Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillview estate Ballinteer

Options
  • 22-08-2016 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is Hillview estate Ballinteer a good place to live? It seems to be a good location

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

query2016 wrote: »
    Is Hillview estate Ballinteer a good place to live? It seems to be a good location
    Wouldn't be a location I'd choose to live in, but then I remember the flats that were there along with the caravan shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2 query2016

thank you are they stil there?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

query2016 wrote: »
    thank you are they stil there?

No but I grew up close by them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

No - the council flats are long gone now. Hillview had something of a local minor bad reputation back in the 70's and 80's but I believe it is a fairly quiet and mature area now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

dogmatix wrote: »
    No - the council flats are long gone now. Hillview had something of a local minor bad reputation back in the 70's and 80's but I believe it is a fairly quiet and mature area now.

It's grand, I have a friend who lives there, there are a lot of kids so it's a bit noisy, but no major trouble

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

It's only all right. Although it's all quite depending on what you're used to. There is the odd fire in the field and a garda was stabbed there recently. http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-is-stabbed-in-leg-and-beaten-by-gang-of-young-thugs-34496897.html

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

There are regular antisocial issues in the estate I live not too far away and have reason to call the gardai twice in the last 18 months. On both occasions they pointed in the direction of Hillview for the culprits

Advertisement