Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<snip> kickstarter campaign

Options
  • 22-08-2016 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

I am in no way connected to the band, I've watched them since early summer and am absoluely delighted I went out to hear them play several times in Monroes and the Roisin. I've pledged €25 for their mission and hope some of ye can give whatever ye can afford. Read all about them below

<snip> started almost as a joke in March 2016, when we, a group of individual buskers who play music on the streets to buy our next meal, decided to start playing as a large group, in attempt to see how many people we could get jamming in one spot, purely for fun. We ended up having 14 musicians at once and almost immediately it gained attention and interest from the public and local media.

Fast forward a few months and this group of struggling musicians have found ourselves in a position where we are selling out headline shows in some of Ireland's finest venues and gaining acclaim from the press and people from all walks of life. Due to the size of our band, financial rewards are generally slim to none, and although money is not an important factor in our lives, it is a necessity to live. To date, we have mainly been kept going with all the inspiring comments and messages we have been getting from bystanders and into our social media accounts, and more so the belief in this project and what we are doing.

With Winter falling in Galway, tourism falls and adverse weather conditions kick in, making it near impossible to survive as the entire bands soul income comes from street performing. Because of this the band will be forced to go into hibernation until next summer. Having exhausted all other options we are looking to spend the winter months touring Europe in order to keep the band together, and spread the word of <snip>.

The secondary aim of this project is to record an original album, with the band full of very creative and talented musicians and song writers, with the feeling that original music is the next step to take to enable the band to grow and become what we all believe it can one day become, the opportunity to record an original album and share with our fanbase is something we think would be amazing for us to achieve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are many causes worthy of funding but none gets to use boards as a platform to get money.

Link snipped from OP but if you like you can PM OP for the link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement