Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelled sky and no have no channel 4, e4 etc

• 22-08-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi just wondering if anyone can help with this please? I have just cancelled my sky subscription and i had heard that i would still get the uk channels and quite a few more channels. I only seem to have the bbc channels and a few more but no itv's or channel 4 or 5 or any others kinda linked to channel 4. The box is sky +hd approx 7 years old.

I followed youtube vids about unplugging the box and removing the card but i still have the same programme listing as i had when sky was still active but get a message now saying to insert the viewing card. On the vids it shows a new programme listing with the bbc channels at the top instead of rte 1. I have also tried adding the channels using add channels through services but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

You *might* have to acquire a new card

For example: http://touch.adverts.ie/satellite/sky-uk-freesat-card/6093115

Inexpensive though & works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

You need a uk card, have a look on adverts, about 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rachua

sugarman wrote: »
    You have to manually tune them in under 'other channels', or else get a UK card.

I tried to manually tune them in under 'other channels' but it didn't save them. Should they save in the actual programme schedule or elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rachua

decor58 wrote: »
    You need a uk card, have a look on adverts, about 5 euro.

Thankyou. Are they on adverts on boards? Sorry but new to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

rachua wrote: »
    You cant buy anything like that on Boards so have a look on Adverts, Donedeal, Ebay etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭poppers

I tried to manually tune them in under 'other channels' but it didn't save them. Should they save in the actual programme schedule or elsewhere?

they will be saved under the other channels tab.
    make sure you save them properly when you tune them in. instructions on bottom of screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If you have the money you'd be better off with a Freesat set top box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

rachua wrote:

Yes, just go to adverts.ie, sky cards, I got two from a guy in Wicklow (5 euro each, inc post) Christmas 14, still working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭ei9go

Hi just wondering if anyone can help with this please? I have just cancelled my sky subscription and i had heard that i would still get the uk channels and quite a few more channels. I only seem to have the bbc channels and a few more but no itv's or channel 4 or 5 or any others kinda linked to channel 4. The box is sky +hd approx 7 years old.

I followed youtube vids about unplugging the box and removing the card but i still have the same programme listing as i had when sky was still active but get a message now saying to insert the viewing card. On the vids it shows a new programme listing with the bbc channels at the top instead of rte 1. I have also tried adding the channels using add channels through services but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The reason you need a UK card is that all Sky boxes that have been first used in Ireland default to the Irish EPG after being connected to power.

This will solve your issue and you will now have BBC1 on Channel 101 instead of RTE1.

Ask for a London card because Cards are based on regions in the UK.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Theres no discussion of buying or selling Sky viewing cards here

• Advertisement
Advertisement