Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart from and to Balbriggan - anyone using?

Options
  • 22-08-2016 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Good afternoon,

I have changed job and I will be commuting from Balbriggan to Pearse and back. I am planning to use 07:54 service (08:41 at Pearse) and 18:16 from Pearse (19:02 in Balbriggan)

Is anyone here using service at this or similiar time? How bad is it in Balbriggan in the morning and in Pearse in the evening? Are they always on time or usually late?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PurplePoodle

Hi
    The Dart doesn't go to Balbriggan, only the Commuter trains.
    I get the 7:54 and it's grand, you'll get a seat.
    Coming back from Pearse will also be fine as that's where the train starts so just make sure you stand in the right place (you'll learn!) and you should get a seat too.
    Trains are reliably 5 minutes late arriving at their destination most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I mostly get the 7.54 even though it arrives just slightly too late if I want to be in office by 9. I've been commuting the past two years and it's definitely got busier. At the start there would be no problem getting a seat, also now with holidays, but I have got stung a few times.
    I often get the earlier one and just walk the extra from Connolly, as long as it's not raining. It's not worth waiting for Dart for two stops. That train always arrives in Balbriggan early so I used to panic when I was running catch it, but it waits then leaves on the dot.
    The 6.15 train always seems to leave about 5 minutes late, though you'd never want to count on it. I always get a seat but you have to know where to stand. If you miss that you're best walking to Connolly for 6.40, after that it's a bit of a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭poxon

Thanks a million for all help :) I took a train today and it wasn`t that bad - I was able to sit both ways and it was only 3 mins late - so far I cant complain :)

Advertisement