Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Program a name (not listed) into an interactive teddy bear

Options
  • 22-08-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Okay so this may seem a bit extreme to some people but it's important to me.
    My little boy has a leapfrog My Pal bear which is suppose to say all names but unfortunately not his name, Dáithí. I contacted leapfrog via a link to add a name but they are not accepting names to be added and suggested a nick name. This is not an option as our little boy is a premmie with learning issues so we've been advised to use his name.
    So my question any techies out there who maybe able to help guide us through a hack that my get the bear to say his name.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

From a cursory glance it looks like you update the data on the teddy over USB, depending on what it presents it might be possible to replace a file for say "David" with "Dáithí" then use the spelling correction feature to display it correctly. You'd have to have the timing in your audio file just right I'd guess.

Probably not something anyone can guide you through from here, more likely give it to an interested party and have it returned with the modification.

Advertisement