Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs and rent in Ireland.

Options
  • 22-08-2016 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, i am looking for a rent in city centre of Dublin but is hard to find. I can share a room with someone. Or a single room for 2 girls(me and a friend).
    I thought it will be easier to find here a job, but is hard. ( I came here 2 months ago, i am moldovan) Now i am working part time as a house keeper. In the same time i am looking for a full time job. If anyone has some information i would really appreciate it :)
    Girl, 18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The rental market in Dublin is crazy, theres a housing crisis at the moment, the homeless figures are terrifying. Students are going back to college so full time work should be easier to get, but the rental market is only getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

mod note
    Moved from PI. Please read the local charter before posting as different rules now apply.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The other issue is most employers will drop your application like a hotcake when they discover you're not an EU citizen.........

I was in your position (a long time ago)- and drifted towards agency work- and eventually call centre work (purely because of my language skills).

Accommodation is a massive issue in the greater Dublin area- however, its also where the vast preponderance of employment is........

If you were to consider au-pair type work- you might manage to kill two birds with the one stone (however, it is subject to visa requirements etc).

Given your current accommodation issue- I'd suggestion trying to see if you could find employment that included accommodation (possibly hotel or hospitality sector posts)- or indeed- au pair type work?

Advertisement