Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer care - 3D secure

Options
  • 22-08-2016 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭

So is it normal to spend 30 minutes back and forth between departments just to get my 3D secure password, once more, unlocked? And obviously, after hearing the CCR said I am gonna transfer you to the same department you have already transferred me to and who just transferred me to you I decided I was getting nowhere and hanged up. Do they talk to each other when they transfer customers or do you just blind transfer people?

I use my main bank CC to pay in the end but I feel the pain of those who have no choice but to you this service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Bohrio wrote: »
    So is it normal to spend 30 minutes back and forth between departments just to get my 3D secure password, once more, unlocked? And obviously, after hearing the CCR said I am gonna transfer you to the same department you have already transferred me to and who just transferred me to you I decided I was getting nowhere and hanged up. Do they talk to each other when they transfer customers or do you just blind transfer people?

I use my main bank CC to pay in the end but I feel the pain of those who have no choice but to you this service.
    Good Morning Bohrio, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. I do apologise about the experience you had, just to avoid this happening again, can I confirm that you were calling 1890251251 Option 2? This should bring you through to a rep straight away. Please let us know if this is still not working for you. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I had the same experience this evening. Spent 20 minutes waiting to connect to a second, UK based customer care agent. I'm ringing from a prepay mobile number and it costs a fortune.
    The first said my card wasn't locked(contrary to the on-screen message in front of me) and transferred to a second agent, but I had to hang up after 20 minutes as it was eating my phone credit.In the meantime, I can't make my purchase and its infuriating.
    Is there another way to sort this? 

I had the same experience this evening. Spent 20 minutes waiting to connect to a second, UK based customer care agent. I'm ringing from a prepay mobile number and it costs a fortune.
    The first said my card wasn't locked(contrary to the on-screen message in front of me) and transferred to a second agent, but I had to hang up after 20 minutes as it was eating my phone credit.In the meantime, I can't make my purchase and its infuriating.
    Is there another way to sort this? 
    Good Morning fergiesfolly, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Can you tell me the error message you are receiving when you attempt your online purchase, and also which number you are phoning?

Thanks,

Evie  

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

It was a 3d secure pop up, as I was completing a purchase. Basically, it said my card was locked and to contact card services.
    I rang again after I posted here and eventually got shunted to the "fraud dept" where after being kept waiting for 20 minutes was told I'd have to ring cc services in the mornin?!??!!?
    The numbers I rang were 1890 251 251 and 0818 365 365

I then got a text from the bank this morning asking if the card use the night before was genuine

It was a 3d secure pop up, as I was completing a purchase. Basically, it said my card was locked and to contact card services.
    I rang again after I posted here and  eventually got shunted to the "fraud dept" where after being kept waiting for 20 minutes was told I'd have to ring cc services in the mornin?!??!!?
    The numbers I rang were 1890 251 251 and 0818 365 365

I then got a text from the bank this morning asking if the card use the night before was  genuine
    Good Morning fergiesfolly, 

I am sorry to hear this,  The 3D secure option is a separate and extra security method, but if they cannot see a block and if you have received a text and responded to this you should be able to use your card now.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Advertisement
Advertisement