Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Pay: Do you get deposit back? Also what determines if they take deposit or not?

Options
  • 22-08-2016 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, decided to upgrade phone and also go on Bill Pay (due to always running out of credit or meteor plan ending suddenly).

I would like to stay on Meteor as I've never had any trouble but I have few questions about bill pay.

1) Do I get my 300 EUR deposit back into bank account? (I don't want 300 euro call credit or other offers)
    2) What determines if you need to pay deposit or not?
    3) Is in-store process different?
    4) How long does it take to get everything ready and setup? (In store and online)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

Your deposit will be refunded by way of credit against bills when you have been with them for about 6 months
    Whether you need to pay deposit or not is a bit of a mystery and usually the person in the shop doesn't even know how it is decided
    In store process involves a human, which might be a help
    If you buy in store you will leave the shop with a working phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Online says have the benefit of the distance selling protections.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Your deposit will be refunded by way of credit against bills when you have been with them for about 6 months
    Whether you need to pay deposit or not is a bit of a mystery and usually the person in the shop doesn't even know how it is decided
    In store process involves a human, which might be a help
    If you buy in store you will leave the shop with a working phone.

But I assume you cant just walk into store with address proof ,sign up for bill pay and walk out with phone ready to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

arleitiss wrote: »
    But I assume you cant just walk into store with address proof ,sign up for bill pay and walk out with phone ready to go?

Yes but you will also have signed up for a direct debit for x number of months, and probably paid a deposit too

Advertisement