Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered wrong phone, am I able to exchange?

Options
  • 22-08-2016 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, my dad ordered a Samsung galaxy s7 on a 2 year contract but he didn't realise there was two versions the edge and the regular so he just asked for the Galaxy 7. He wanted the edge but they sent the regular one so he rings up to ask can he exchange it for the edge and they said no he can't. He doesn't want to pay and use a phone for 2 years  that he doesn't want (which is understandable, I wouldn't). So he said he doesn't want the contract if he can't get the phone he wants and they say that he will have to pay 500 euro to get out of the contract. He hasn't used to phone at all, you would think there would be no problem at all with exchanging it, they would still be getting his business. It just seems so ridiculous to me, why are they allowed to do this and it really just shows the lack of respect for their customers. Some people have said to him to go to small claims court, would he get anywhere with that? Or what are his options? 

Thanks for any help. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭El Hombre

You can cancel with the first 14 days for all phone contracts I thought, it's called a cooling off period.

I'd Def be looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Did he order online? Definitely have 14 days cooling off if he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi, my dad ordered a Samsung galaxy s7 on a 2 year contract but he didn't realise there was two versions the edge and the regular so he just asked for the Galaxy 7. He wanted the edge but they sent the regular one so he rings up to ask can he exchange it for the edge and they said no he can't. He doesn't want to pay and use a phone for 2 years  that he doesn't want (which is understandable, I wouldn't). So he said he doesn't want the contract if he can't get the phone he wants and they say that he will have to pay 500 euro to get out of the contract. He hasn't used to phone at all, you would think there would be no problem at all with exchanging it, they would still be getting his business. It just seems so ridiculous to me, why are they allowed to do this and it really just shows the lack of respect for their customers. Some people have said to him to go to small claims court, would he get anywhere with that? Or what are his options? 

Thanks for any help. 
    Hi DarraghK1989,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. Has your dad used the mobile phone yet? 

Did he open up the box?

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement