Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software - Organisational Chart?

• 22-08-2016 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Hi
    So ive tried the templates in Powerpoint etc, but they are not very user friendly for making complex charts.
    I got a free trial of edraw which was perfect, however, comes with a watermark on your chart.
    Anyone know any free software thats easy to use and lets you design your own?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've seen templates online for creating org charts in Excel, but really in the context of Office Visio would be best suited to it. In terms of free alternatives, OpenOffice/LibreOffice Draw is probably the best match. There are a bunch of mind-mapping software packages that would also do in a pinch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

+1 for Libreoffice Draw / Openoffice Draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Also +1 for mindmapping software(s) that might do the trick too.

Xmind might suit?

http://www.xmind.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

Thanks everyone for the replies. I went with a free 30 day trial of Visio and it did the job. In everything that i tried (all suggestions above), and a google for templates etc, i didnt find any of them 'easy' for a complex org chart. Got there in the end, thanks again.

Advertisement